Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

On our 2012 Ford Focus Titanium, the head light indicator on the instrument cluster is always on. On my 2013 Fusion Titanium it is normally off until the auto headlamps kick in. Is this normal for the Focus?

thanks!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Hi,

On our 2012 Ford Focus Titanium, the head light indicator on the instrument cluster is always on. On my 2013 Fusion Titanium it is normally off until the auto headlamps kick in. Is this normal for the Focus?

thanks!
They changed the way the daytime running lights work on Canadian/Fleet vehicles from 2012 to 2013. On 2012's all your lights will be on (parking/side marker), with the headlights at less power. On the 2013's, the headlights are just at less power, with all the other lights off. I think that is why the headlight indicator comes on in your 2012. I *think* you can change this setting in Focccus, but I'm not 100% sure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They changed the way the daytime running lights work on Canadian/Fleet vehicles from 2012 to 2013. On 2012's all your lights will be on (parking/side marker), with the headlights at less power. On the 2013's, the headlights are just at less power, with all the other lights off. I think that is why the headlight indicator comes on in your 2012. I *think* you can change this setting in Focccus, but I'm not 100% sure.
Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply, as long as its supposed to be like that i'm ok with it!

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Hi,

thanks!
Yes and I find that annoying for our Canadian models (DRL required by law) so i've disabled them with Focccus.

No more light in the days (indicator will only come on when lights are on)

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
@elcouz
Asking for troubles?
DRL required by law in Canada... And you disabled them?
Not really inforced here... anyway I do have my led drl kit that I need to install...so no worries[hihi]

·
Registered
220 Posts
It kills me that there are TWO indications in the dash that the lights are on. In addition to the fact that you can see the glow from the headlights themselves......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts