Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
5,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this morning that my driver side headlight is out. Originally thought the bulb was blown. But when I flipped on my brights, they both work. So I'm thinking its a fuse...but last time I blew a headlight fuse, both lights (high beam only) wouldn't work. Any one got any suggestions? +rep

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
there are 2 filiments in the bulb, so it sounds like your low beam filiment is blown, and your high beam isnt, if you take out the bulb you should see one filiment burnt out.

·
Registered
76 Posts
would almost a garranty that's what it is, also just a note when installing, don't touch the new bulb with your hand. Use jersey gloves or a rag, because the oil off your fingers will greatly decrease the life of the bulb.

·
暗炎
1,925 Posts
Waffle... I wanted to come help in your thread. Then I noticed someone already replied with the most likely solution and wasn't going to reply. Thats when I read your signature... LMAO!

Alright, So indeed, your most probable problem is indeed one filament in the dual filament bulb. HOWEVER, it could be a fuse.

Fuse box under hood:

Fuse 16 is the driver side low beam. Might wanna check that out.
Its easier to get a fuse out than it is a lightbulb out of an 05 to 07 headlight.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
HID time!![grinking] with projectors of course... lol...

5,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
focusman6297 said:
what did you find out waffle?
Well I took about 20 minutes just trying to get the damn bulb out, with no luck. Friggin' thing is crammed in there tight (not to mention its a pain to get a hand between the radiator support, intake and headlight)! I ended up saying hell with it because I had to get to work. But I bought some Sylvania Silverstar 4000K ultra-white bulbs, so I plan on doing that this weekend. Prolly gonna take the whole damn headlight out just to make it easier to access.

FocusFreak87 said:
HID time!![grinking] with projectors of course... lol...
lol...if only I could afford projectors and HIDs right now.

To everyone else who replied: Thanks for the input. It is greatly appreciated.

I will be adding rep for each of you as promised as well.

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,787 Posts
I had that problem putting new bulbs in it sucked drivers side sucked the wires in the light were short and made it even harder for me. I bought new bulbs just because I hated the light they weren't bright enough and didn't shine far enough. I had a truck before that so I could see really far down the road. Silverstars FTW!!!!

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
hid ftw! hope you get it fixed man. sucks drivin on 1 headlight. hids may not be as much as you think. i know where to get them on the CHEAP!

·
Banned
1,671 Posts
and don't forget the bolt that's on the bottom of the housing (if it's there on the 05s like the 00-04s) it can be a bitch to get to, especially if your car's lowered lol

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Yeah, definately take the light off. You will save yourself some frustrations and a few bandaids. Now's a good time to go ahead and replace the other one since you are at it!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Fixed yet?

5,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
compspeed said:
Fixed yet?
Gonna work on it tomorrow. Had two wisdom teeth pulled today. [xx(]

darkfire1986 said:
Four phillips head nylon screw rivets
Three 10 mm bolts
One 7 mm bolt
One firm tug.

May have over simplified that, but you get the gist...
I've taken the headlights out before, but busted my ass tryin to get the lower screws out. So what you're saying is that I just have to tug and the lower screw will slide out? Sweet!

gonzorelic said:
hid ftw! hope you get it fixed man. sucks drivin on 1 headlight. hids may not be as much as you think. i know where to get them on the CHEAP!
I'd love to get a set of HIDs. But I want to do it right, and get projectors at the same time. With Christmas comming up and all, I'm gonna wait until next year. But if you know where to get HIDs can you post or PM me with your sources?

Riverratrider said:
Yeah, definately take the light off. You will save yourself some frustrations and a few bandaids. Now's a good time to go ahead and replace the other one since you are at it!
Definitely gonna do that, got a new set of Silverstars. [woot]

·
暗炎
1,925 Posts
I've taken the headlights out before, but busted my ass tryin to get the lower screws out. So what you're saying is that I just have to tug and the lower screw will slide out? Sweet!
Yup, I've never taken those screws / bolts out.
Just make sure the clip makes it onto the headlight or you might get some headlight vibration.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts