Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just installed these headlights today and they look great but i need some help

is here a way to make the white rings yellow?

is there a way to get the amber light just to blink and not the whole light when i turn on my indicators

the passenger side headlight seams to be higher how do i fix this ?
and since i installed the headlights my hood stopped closing properly

has anyone else had these problems or is it just my bad luck?

here are the the kind of lights i have

http://www.ebay.com/itm/00-04-FOCUS...:Ford|Model:Focus&vxp=mtr&hash=item1e6768e4ff

thanks for reading please help if you know anything this is really stressing me out lol

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
Alright, where to start...

1. Yes, you can make the rings yellow, but it requires alot of work, you have to open the headlights, and replace the LEDs with yellow ones. Its not a beginners job, but its doable. Use the search function or PM me if you have any questions about that.

2. The only thing that should blink when you turn on the turn signal is the amber. If anything else is blinking, its wired up improperly.

3. Ebay headlights are notorious for having poor output and terrible aim. You can fix the aim by twising the metal knob on the back of the headlight. Yours has four holes in the knob, and if you put a screwdriver in the spokes on the top, you can turn the knob without removing it from the car..

Make sure you park your car on a level surface facing a wallmeasure the height of the headlights bulb, then use some tape to mark of that exact height on the wall your car is facing. Then, use a screwdriver to aim your headlights until they are as close to that line as possible. If anything, aim them down slightly.

4. The hood not closing properly is the result of cheap ebay headlights. Check to make sure its installed correctly and that all bolts are tight. I have the same headlights, and i have to slam my hood a bit harder than i did with OEM lights for it to attach properly

For what its worth, heres the thread where i retrofitted mine, it will show you what the difference between proper headlights, and ebay headlights is.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=265354

·
R.I.P Kona
12,868 Posts
Something to look forward to when I get these. Of course I plan to retro them with new hid projectors from TRS.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright, where to start...

1. Yes, you can make the rings yellow, but it requires alot of work, you have to open the headlights, and replace the LEDs with yellow ones. Its not a beginners job, but its doable. Use the search function or PM me if you have any questions about that.

2. The only thing that should blink when you turn on the turn signal is the amber. If anything else is blinking, its wired up improperly.

3. Ebay headlights are notorious for having poor output and terrible aim. You can fix the aim by twising the metal knob on the back of the headlight. Yours has four holes in the knob, and if you put a screwdriver in the spokes on the top, you can turn the knob without removing it from the car..

Make sure you park your car on a level surface facing a wallmeasure the height of the headlights bulb, then use some tape to mark of that exact height on the wall your car is facing. Then, use a screwdriver to aim your headlights until they are as close to that line as possible. If anything, aim them down slightly.

4. The hood not closing properly is the result of cheap ebay headlights. Check to make sure its installed correctly and that all bolts are tight. I have the same headlights, and i have to slam my hood a bit harder than i did with OEM lights for it to attach properly

For what its worth, heres the thread where i retrofitted mine, it will show you what the difference between proper headlights, and ebay headlights is.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=265354

do you know a link that shows you how to wire these properly ?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I to have these same headlights and did the TRS retrofit as Viper did. I went with mini H1's and they fit almost perfect with a little cutting of the old projectors that came with. I am very happy with them now, the light output is amazing. I know I have some pictures on here when I was trying to mess with them before i did the retrofit, I'll have to take a few new ones so you can see the difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts