Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone try making or installing Eyebrows yet?
All that chrome is driving me nuts and I was thinking of making some eyebrows, any thoughts. here is a tape demo.

[goofydrunk]

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
just steal our coupe headlights... NOT MINE THOUGH! lol. jp though.. i see you somewhat tinted them too. also not to get off topic but what wheels are those. they look really good even in just that small glimpse.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I've seen people paint that exact same portion black, but I've never heard of an eyebrow decal/laminate being created.

I also know there was another thread where someone was supposed to take some measurements to mass-produce eyebrows, but I don't think anything ever came of it.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Lined up just right and with the side marker tinted would look good. Kill the chrome on the grill, too.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
Take Your headlight off and tape off whatever You don't want painted. Prep as one would before paint, then primer paint and clear, if desired(drying between steps, says Capt. Obvious). 2-3 light coats should be plenty, plus it'll make it easier to sand off, should the need arise. Serve and enjoy![thumb]

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
PM ZX360, he does vinyl and would be glad to help. I think he makes 08-11 eyelids too.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wow you guys are quick, let me try to answer them in order.
I do not want to paint the outside, going with vinyl.
I plan to mono chrome the headlights and grill (like the fusion) white or maybe silver just to be different.
My wheels are ATS DTC comp superlight, I tried to sell them for 5-6 weeks and no one came through with a good offer so I am keeping them forever. They are made in Germany by ATS's racing division, they are the spec wheel for the Danish Touring Car series in Europe! and there expensive as hell!
I also plan to cut out the bars on the inside of the lights when I paint the inside, just dont have the time or "cough" balls to do it right now. I just think black is over done right now and want to keep the car as clean as possible.
Did I forget anyone?
[scratch]

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Forgot meh!!

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just looked, the whole headlight is tinted except for the ring in the middle where the reflector is. I used a light (30%) so it is kind of hard to see, but not in person, you can tell.
I WILL MAKE TEMPLATES FOR EVERYONE when its done, hell I'll sell ready to go cutout vinyl too if you all want them!

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry, I have a few local guys that Im going to try, one is a new member of the local Focus club. figured i would let him have first crack at it.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
look again...he also offers your model too
Can you click on the link you posted and look for yourself? I've just scrolled through the entire list three times and only see 2000-2004 and 2005-2007. You sure you're thinking eyelids and not hood/sidestripes/emblem decals?

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Can you click on the link you posted and look for yourself? I've just scrolled through the entire list three times and only see 2000-2004 and 2005-2007. You sure you're thinking eyelids and not hood/sidestripes/emblem decals?
I just did the same thing [scratch]

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I would also love to ditch the ugly "big chin" sedan bumper as well, I guess thats what I get for going cheap on models, got the "S" for stripped down econo box!

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
here is the look I'm going for, now the photo is a little rough but you get the idea.
Any Thoughts?

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cool, thanks.
Posted via FF Mobile

1 - 20 of 46 Posts