Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
.....NObama.....
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do they install? I want to get rid of the chrome headlight look, and I dont see any other headlights out yet, and I don't have the time nor I trust myself to take apart the headlights...cuz if I screw them up, not only will they look like ass, I dont have money to replace them. LOL
So I thought I'd do headlight covers for now......

Does anyone have them? Or pictures or anything?

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
There's lots of kinda, some attach with two sided 3M tape, others are just vinyl (sticker) and some people actually get them painted on.

·
.....NObama.....
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mean like AVS or Ventshade....I don't want to buy them just to have them fly off the lights.....

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Nah, there are others, not sure what is all out for the 2005's but there are a bunch of different ones for the 2000-2004 models. There's a couple people on here kicking around with them on their 2005 models. I'm sure they will post eventually.....

·
.....NObama.....
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
those look pretty nice...
I have a black grill and the chrome in the headlights looks tacky as it is now. I'm going to get the JDM black clear corners from ebay, and I wanted to do something black-ish with my headlights. I hear the stick ons like AVS and the like aren't the greatest, so I'm looking for other options. I wonder if anyone would be willing to paint my headlights black inside if I sent some to them..haha

·
Registered
298 Posts
There is a how-to in this forum that tells you how to paint the chrome bezel on the headlights to whatever paint color you want. Then you can finish it off by putting some eyelids on to give it a meaner look.

Here is my headlight (without the turn signal.. whoops [:D] )

·
.....NObama.....
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah I know there is a how to for that.... but I'm not really trying to put my headlights in the oven hahaha. I'd probably screw it up real bad..do you have to sand inside the headlight or do you just put 1 or 2 coats of paint on, and call it a day?

·
Registered
184 Posts
yeah alot of sanding if you want the paint to look good and not run everywhere lol but its not that bad i did it and painted eyelids on the out side also it is just time time time is all it took me from 9am to 7pm from start to finish and you have to let the sealant cure also but is worth it in the end

·
Registered
184 Posts
[pray] i hate when a womans car is hotter than mine....j/k.... [?|] no i'm not i love your car the hood and kit look great [thumb] keep up the work ditch the silver grill for some black though i think the silver make our black cars look cheap like a honda but the black on black is sweet [:D]

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Thanks for the comment! i am about to paint the silver part black, or do something custom. i really want to take apart those lights and paint them black. one of these days.......

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
or check out my tin job on mine

·
Registered
184 Posts
blkZX32005 said:
or check out my tin job on mine

where you have pics????non in gallery

hey kickstar i just bought a base model grill from a member here just going to cut my painted grill out and cut the chrome frame from the base model and push in the base black grill into my st color matched frame that way i will never have to repaint my grill again [hihi] and paint those light its really not that bad sounds like alot but its really a cake walk.....if you painted all those vents and radio brezel i think breaking down your lights shouldn't be an issue [:D]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts