Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any quick fix to get water-condensation from headlite wo getting a new one?[woot]

·
Registered
15,429 Posts
Actually virtually every headlight assembly has a small vent hole to vent water vapor..........when you seal one you trap any water inside that is in the air...........vent is usually on the bottom or shielded from rain entry. Condensation can mean a bigger leak or simply a wet day.

91% alcohol thrown into the light and then high pressure air after shaking the light up to mix the alcohol with the water will remove it- beware, the mix coming out with air IS EXPLOSIVE!!! Use some sense there.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok Here we go again--I used a heat gun on low--I took out headlite --I dried it out & sealed it with silicone-In the morning condensation inside like I never did this ..suggestions --what am I missing?? thanks

·
Ford Fiend
2,976 Posts
^ +1

Headlight housings need to breathe. If there is a difference in humidity and temperature between the air sealed into your headlight and the outside air, condensation will result.

·
Registered
15,429 Posts
Why the very small vent hole is there. Seal it completely and any water vapor inside will simply recondense over and over as you trapped it inside.

Not rocket science guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts