Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I got a 2001 zx3. In the midst of a night of some parking lot ebrake drifting and donuts, my driver side bulb burned out. Ive never changed a bulb before but knew its simple so went out and bought a bulb. It took me about half an hour just to pop the stupid metal clip thing so I could get the old bulb out. [histerical]

I got the new one in but it doesn't seem like it "locks" in. It feels a little loose, but the metal clip is bracing it. Is it supposed to lock in? Or does the clip just hold it in place? I dont think I bent the clip pulling the old one out. At least I got 2 headlights now, but if its not supposed to be loose then Id like to fix it.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
The clip acts like a spring and just holds it in place. You will still be able to move it around because of the "spring".
BTW, if you managed to do that blind you did better than me, I had to get a mirror to see what was going on in there!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I seriously thought I was doing something wrong. I had to use a screwdriver to pry it out, I was waiting for the spring to break or something. I wish I thought of a mirror. Thats why it took me so long. Haha

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Wow! You pried it out with a screwdriver??? Given that it's really just wire it would be pretty hard to break, but I'm surprised that it went back together!
Once you see what's going on in the mirror it wasn't hard at all, but I got no place trying to do it by Braille...

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Yeah, I'm sureprised I didn't break the damn wiring harness when I was changing my bulbs. Took me a while to figure out the clips too. As long as you make sure that the flat part of the metal bulb housing is facing down when it is inside the headlight (if that makes sense), the bulb should be fine. It still moves a little with the clip on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts