Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of the install guides for replacing our standard lights with the Mach HIDs mention that if you have flickering when you go over bumps, it usually means the adjustment mechanism is loose. I took apart both housings yesterday and as shown on the OFOC site, the brass ball had popped out of the plastic housing, and while the headlight could be adjusted when the car was sitting still, over bumps it would flicker and move up.....illuminating signs hundreds of yards away, and no doubt annoying drivers around me.

The only method I could find to pop the ball back in was to simply grab the metal lip on the back of the light (the part that moves based on the adjuster) and pull it towards me, while pushing on the white knob. It took a startling amount of force considering the value of the lights...but eventually both sides just popped back in. Lights don't move as I go over bumps anymore. Note to anyone doing this....if you've previously adjusted your lights with the balls 'resting' on the housing rather than imbedded within, you'll have to allign your lights again afterwards.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts