Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My driver side headlight burnt out last night, and i was wondering what options are available for replacements. i was lookin at Canadian tire earlier today, and all they had where regular halogen and 'cool blue' bulbs. the halogen where $8 a piece, and the cool blue were 15 each. i believe both were motocraft bulbs ( i know the regular halogen were, and i think the cool blue were also). If those are gonna be the only 2 types available, i think i'll go with the cool blue, just because i'd like somthin different. anyone know of any other options that would look different than the stock bulbs? are the cool blue worth paying double for?

thanks.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
The Sylvania Cool Blue bulbs are a little whiter/brighter than the OEM $8 halogen bulb.
You will notice a little bit more brightness.

If I were you, save up and extra $20 and get the Sylvania SilverStar bulbs.
If there's a Walmart by you, you can get a set for about $45.
You will notice a bigger difference in brightness with the SilverStar bulbs.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Silverstar, eh? sounds good. Guess I'll have to take a trip to Walmart in the morning. [thumb]
thanks

·
Registered
875 Posts
I would love to get the Sylvania Silverstars... Dave, I'm assuming you have the same 9003/HB2 bulbs as the ZX3s do? Does anyone know if they make the Silverstars for this size? Those are the ones to go for if they do.

Some of the Cool Blue styles of bulbs actually put less lumens on the road than their white halogen counterparts. They look brighter at the source, but project less light.

I've had good luck with Ge SuperBlue bulbs [when I had my other car, and those were the retractable versions], they're ~$9 ea.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
knightm3 said:
Dave, I'm assuming you have the same 9003/HB2 bulbs as the ZX3s do? Does anyone know if they make the Silverstars for this size? Those are the ones to go for if they do.
yep. same size... I'm not real concerned about how much light they actually throw on the road, hell my fog lights alone are bright enough for me.... i wanna see if i can find somthing that'll look different when your lookin at the car head on... I know, I'm odd. that why i though i'd go with the cool blue bulbs at first, because i assume they have a blueish tint to them...

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
was an auto parts place today lookin at bulbs. they had a cool display up with some of the different bulbs and you could turn them on the see how they look. I ended up buying Philips Blue Vision. I really liked the Sylvania Silverstars and the Philips extravision, but they where $30 each. between the Sylvania Cool Blue's and the Philips Blue vision, the Philips were brighter, and a buck each cheaper.. (14.99, 15.99). only down side, my fog lights used to look white because they where the same (or looked the same ) as the headlights... now compared to the headlights the fogs look a dirty yellow...erg...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts