Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ST2 that was in a minor accident before I bought it. I replaced the headlights with cheapy eBay ones and getting the following DTC fault and message on the console that says "Headlamp Malfunction Service Required"

===HCM DTC B1D64:87-0B=== Code: B1D64 - Left Headlamp Swiveling Motor Additional Fault Symptom: - Missing Message Status: - DTC Present at Time of Request - Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC Module: Headlamp Control Module ===END HCM DTC B1D64:87-0B===

===HCM DTC B1D65:87-0B=== Code: B1D65 - Right Headlamp Swiveling Motor Additional Fault Symptom: - Missing Message Status: - DTC Present at Time of Request - Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC Module: Headlamp Control Module ===END HCM DTC B1D65:87-0B===

All the lights appear to be working fine so I'mt trying to figure out if this is like a fuse or electrical problem or the actual headlights.

Anyone know how to troubleshoot this? Maybe with a multimeter or something?

I'd happily get different headlamps to try fixing this is you guys think that will help.

Thanks.

·
Registered
16,031 Posts
If you bought non-adjustable headlights to replace the adjustable ones that have motor to do that the car may just be telling you it is not finding motors that should be there.........

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you bought non-adjustable headlights to replace the adjustable ones that have motor to do that the car may just be telling you it is not finding motors that should be there.........
Thanks. I wasn't aware the ST2 even came with HID adjustable lights but sounds like I may have bought the wrong ones. Are there any aftermarket ones that would work?

Otherwise I may try to code out HID via Forscan and revert back to Halogen. Would that work?

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,624 Posts
Yeah 15+ ST2, ST3 and RS have been he cornering lights where the lamp moves.

Sent from another garage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts