Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi i have a few ?s about the headgasket and head shaving or milling i have a svt focus and i blow da motor and im buying a used 1 with the trans and ecu find 2 motors so far im planing of using the old head after i work on it now i want 2 know if the new motor will need a new head gasket and if it does i was going 2 use the zetec gasket thats slightly thiner and the old head i might port and have it milled 2 .40. now i also want 2 know wats the lowest i can milled with out any problems. im doing this cause i dont have that much money for hc pistons of a fully build. and also will i get a lil gain or notice a differnce.

thanks

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
the zetec hg is .017" thinner than the svt. and if you shave the head .040" ur talking a total of about .06" meaning that ur CR will jump from about 10.2 to 11.0 ish:1 then u will have to use race fuel!!! so i would say shave it max .020" on premium.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i meant 2 say is if i had replace the head gasket with the new motor i was going to just do the gasket with the head that cums with the new motor but when i finish working on my head i will shave the head about .40 and use the svt head gasket sence i to replace agin after takn the head off. the compresstion im looking for is 10.7-10.8 even with out major problems like timing for say. and btw wats toms tune that im hearing about is invealed with the sct tune?

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
as long as ur w/ in that CR range, ur fine. Tom's tune is a completely custom tune made specifically for ur car. he will look at certain aspects like A/F and timing and make them perfect. well, darn close. anyways. its gonna give u more hp and make ur car run better w/ unlimited updates!!

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
from Tom!! duh, lol, jk, his name on here is 1turbofocus. he is under focus power in the vendors section!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ooooo thats tom i would of figured that, ok so how much gain and wat r the pros and cons about the tune?

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
usually a few more ponies and a lot smoother drive. he will just make sure that its running at its full potential!! i don't have it (yet) but am getting it after my jrsc install and can't wait!!

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
yup, and u'll need some datalogging material as well.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
it will record ur A/F ratio under WOT and mild accelleration along w/ all spark info etc. this way he knows how to adjust ur tune.

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
No.

Just talk to tom, he will mail you the Hand held tuner. With that tuner it will give him the info he needs.

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
will how about the zetec gasket if i replace the gasket on the new motor
It will change your CR.

people have tried raising the CR to create more power. The ZETEC Motors wont gain much HP from high compression, stick with the SVT gasket.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts