Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have done some research on the 05 headers and have come to find that they are a race only application and havent found any other types. apparently the CAT is built in the headres??? i was wondering if those of you whom have done this have had any problems passing emissions and if there are in ways around it? any information would be great. btw...i also read that installation is a hassale...any info on that would be great.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
You have one exhaust manifold, aka header.

The first catalyitic converter is part of said exhaust manifold.

All headers will be illegal no matter what; you are removing an emissions device and that is a federal offense no matter what.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
yeah federal offense.. that means you become a convict and it shows up on all your records when you try to get a job!! muhahaha

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
first of all you have a header. ONE. header = plural as in a V or H motor.

second the proper name is exhuast manifold

it is a federal offence wtih jail time and big fines for removing any convertor on the car.

and i live in ohio and don't have emission testing anymore.

·
Registered
49 Posts
well, i've heard its worth it to take that chance, you can also go to any mom and pop smog place and offer them a 100 bucks to pass it and they'll do it

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
The issue isn't so much getting it smogged, rather it's when you get pulled over and the officer says "pop the hood" and it's painfully evident that you have an aftermarket header.

·
Registered
114 Posts
i dont think most policemen are going to know that the cat is embedded into the stock exhaust manifold. you could probably convince him that it has a cat after it.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
ZackG said:
i dont think most policemen are going to know that the cat is embedded into the stock exhaust manifold. you could probably convince him that it has a cat after it.
as long as you leave the 2nd cat you are good, and if you run the proper 02 cheating system. the obd2 systems can detect if you have it disabled, but if you use a cheater it actaully imitates what the downstream sensor reads.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts