Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
a full length header will usually make more power than a shorty!

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
race header will always be better than the shorty header, unless you have a shitty 1st gen FC 4-2-1 because it falls apart and cracks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i dont know if it makes a difference but i just found out its a 4-1 Edelbrock but i dont know if thats a shorty or not....but im only payin around 100.00 for the Edelbrock

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
The shorty header w/ highflow cats gets great mid range tq and hp. Im only doing that cuz my car is mostly a daily driver and i need that for passing, getting onto the expressway, etc.

·
Registered
304 Posts
That Edelbrock 4-1 is a shorty header. The long tube headers are more efficient than the shorty headers because of less bends in the pipes.

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
did you get the Edelbrock shorty from e-Bay? I think i saw one on there for sale and not at a bad price. And yes, the long tune headers are the best way to go, but you will also need to get a O2 cheater since you will also replace your cat, or you'll get e CEL light!

·
Registered
280 Posts
i love my OBX 4-2-1 race header runs perfect... only thing is buy some better gaskets the ones you get with it are kinda cheap. but other than that id buy it again.

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
Silva_Bullet01 said:
i love my OBX 4-2-1 race header runs perfect... only thing is buy some better gaskets the ones you get with it are kinda cheap. but other than that id buy it again.
Ditto!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts