Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting the shorty headers and high flo cat for my focus, what can I expect to change in the performance catagory? Are they even worth it to buy?

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
about 9whp or so, and a little more than half that in torque, also depends on your other mods.

·
Registered
281 Posts
People say headers aren't very much bang for the buck....even heard of people running turbos with stock header. If it's true that they all do the same then I'd go for the cheapest one with the highest quality.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well already I have the AEM Cold Air Intake, and underdrive pulleys, both have gave me quite a bit of HP. The headers that I was looking at were the Focus-Central Headers. To anyone who has a either of these mods, have you the lower fuel milage than before like I did??

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
i have the Ford Racing short header, and an RT cat, together they increased sound, and dropped my 1/8th time by about .3-.4 seconds, or so it seems

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey mofocus what other kind of mods you got, and what do you suggest for me

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
id reccomend also a 65 or 70mm TB, and definately finish the exhaust,flexpipe and catback, a ported 2000 manifold, and cam gears, you could also do cams, what stage you get will depend on your future plans

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I've also got a Ford Racing header and RT cat. It has definitly gotten louder and I can tell it made an increase in power. Haven't actually had a chance to run it at the track but will here in about 2 weeks to see what it'll do.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I'm going to upgrade to headers and the high flo cat is it wise to get a bigger Dia flexpipe.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmm....

Focus Central
$$139 Flex Pipe
$$239 High Flo Cat
$$269 Shorty Headers

not a bad Chrismas Present for me!!
all of that and the CA intake, MBRP cat back exhaust, and the underdrive pulleys, I wonder what kindof HP I will be putting down??

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
depends on what your car put down stock and if its an auto or manual.

ps: due some research on the FC high flow cat, there has been a few bad batches going out.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well the car puts down 107 WHP stock and it is an AUTO[bigcry] only because when I bought it I couldn't drive a 5 speed. As for the Cat Problem, if not FC where else could I go???

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
and if I get all of this stuff how hard is it to do the install, or should I get a pro to do it

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
most of its wrench work. the header might give u some probs with cramped space. you should def get a chip next after your exhaust. as far as the shorty header, get what has a good warranty and a good price. for the most part, they are all very similar in design. just dont get pacesetter. but mac, ford racing, focus sport (if u can find it), jba and all those are decent from what ive heard. FC kinda is iffy with me but its ur wad. happy modding

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've heard that the performance chips screw with the cars computer, what would something like that do to a warranty other than probably void it???

Next question is beings there are quite a few of those chips out there all promising the same thing but then reading the reviews on them, they all have there problems, and there down falls. There is the Diablo, Jet and others that I can't remember off hand, which one is the best for performance and the wallet$$$

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
the delta chip i think it is has 3 dif configurations which rocks if its a daily driver and u just use it to commute some days.

talk to ray at myfordperformance.com he can help u out and knows a lot about the dif chips. i never looked into it much yet.

as far as the warranty goes, just swap out the stock ecu when u take it in :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts