Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm going to be a bad boy and buy a race header[ohcrap] ... but which one? Focus Central or Focus Sport? anyone know if it makes really any difference? help me out here. thanks.
-z

·
Registered
793 Posts
why is everyone choosing the focus sport one over focus central. Ive heard a lot of good things about the FC one and not too much about the FS one?

·
Something goes here
8,284 Posts
Umm why did you bring this back[???:)] there is no useful info in this thread

·
Registered
34 Posts
No the FS pulles better # on the dyno, do to the fact that the exaust has better "scavenging" The longer tube of the 4-1 header helps pull the exaust from the engine(more or less) purchase PAULS HIGH PERFOMANCE FORD FOCUS BUILDERS HANDBOOK by Richard Holdener it will explain all performance mods and give TRUE dyno results

·
Team Shocker #2
1,776 Posts
i would personally go with the obx because it is the same as the FC but at half the price. And no SVT header is not the same it gives less power output due to the cat but it is street legal.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
SVT has more torque than others due to 4-2-1...I have header wrap on mine, helps with scavenging, and theRT high flo cat, I was told by Ray at McNews, only loses maybe 1-4 horse compared to an ORP because the cat flows so well. SVT header is Cosworth designed/tuned, in my opinion I think it is the best out there overall.

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
im somewhat surprise that someone hasnt mentioned that the title to this thread is wrong...its not headers, its header... i personally have the obx and am very happy with the purchase. the svt might have its perks, but imo its ugly...

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
gump1114 said:
im somewhat surprise that someone hasnt mentioned that the title to this thread is wrong...its not headers, its header... i personally have the obx and am very happy with the purchase. the svt might have its perks, but imo its ugly...
ugly? you would rather trade "pretty" for horsepower/torque? I painted and wrapped mine, isn't ugly at all, might have had rust on it when I got it, but its surface rust, so what, the rest of it is...well..a header with primaries going connecting to make 4-2-1 header, nothing ugly or pretty about it. You could always jet hot coat a header to make it "pretty." But, uhhhh....who cares really? the dude that passes you because you have your underpowered "pretty" header will almost 99.9% NOT ask you if you have an ugly header or not (If this happens, I want to know). Unless you think driving with your hood up is good for cooling, then he might see that you have the "pretty" header. Maybe then will he have a heart and not flip you off for losing, but for having your hood up while racing. Don't say stupid stuff, because then, and only then will stupid things be said back at you.

·
Registered
84 Posts
kenpokid said:
ugly? you would rather trade "pretty" for horsepower/torque? I painted and wrapped mine, isn't ugly at all, might have had rust on it when I got it, but its surface rust, so what, the rest of it is...well..a header with primaries going connecting to make 4-2-1 header, nothing ugly or pretty about it. You could always jet hot coat a header to make it "pretty." But, uhhhh....who cares really? the dude that passes you because you have your underpowered "pretty" header will almost 99.9% NOT ask you if you have an ugly header or not (If this happens, I want to know). Unless you think driving with your hood up is good for cooling, then he might see that you have the "pretty" header. Maybe then will he have a heart and not flip you off for losing, but for having your hood up while racing. Don't say stupid stuff, because then, and only then will stupid things be said back at you.
Well i guess thats that [paranoid]

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
gump1114 said:
I actually think it's pretty cool looking. Not ugly.

I don't have one just thought I'd add my 2 cents in[:D]

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I was only being sarcastic, but I did disagree with it being ugly, I mean it is a header, how does it have a definite appearance to it[confused]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts