Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
#MattinglyBuilt
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im lookin for a nice set of headers for my 2.0 spi, Im looking on ebay mostly but dont seem to be finding anything that will fit.
Does anybody know where I can find a nice header for my car?

·
Registered
764 Posts
they don't make the spi header anymore, you have to manufacture your own or find someone who has one.

Search button is your friend

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
there arent too many around...you are better off modding a zetec header ..lots of info on the web and how to's on this site
good luck to ya, nice rims btw

·
Registered
427 Posts
you can ask collective2 to give you some tips, he's the one who made mine!

·
Registered
524 Posts
yeaa man ur gonna have a hard time finding a header to bolt rite up
but if ur good at working with ur hands mod a zetec one

·
Registered
759 Posts
hey if you nab it before you put it on can you send me a few pictures of it all around, so i am going to work on making spi headers

·
Registered
7 Posts
go with the OBX 4-2-1 header its deff increases your airflow and hp put out and gives it a nice loud sound

·
Registered
759 Posts
you really need to learn more about what your saying there streetglow.. they don't make headers for the spi anymore.. they have to be custom made.

·
#MattinglyBuilt
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Shit man, this sucks, so no headers for the spi. Unless i custom make them which i dont really have the time... So why cant any bolt up to it? Is it because of where the bolts go into the block?

·
#MattinglyBuilt
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh and those rims on my car are old, i just got new ones, ill try to put up picks

or find me on myspace... myspace.com/mikeymike666

·
Registered
818 Posts
Shit man, this sucks, so no headers for the spi. Unless i custom make them which i dont really have the time... So why cant any bolt up to it? Is it because of where the bolts go into the block?
There was a direct-bolt-up shorty header made for a while, but have been discontinued for a few year's now. So you'll have to find some one selling off there old one.

It's not that hard to modify the Zetec one, just drill new holes in the flange.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
GOOD LESSON
I KNOW LIFE IS SOMETIMES HARD
AND DIFFICULT TO CHOOSE
THE PATH WE MUST TAKE -BUT
DESPITE ARE FEARS OF MAKEING MISTAKES
EVERY TRIAL WE FACE
CAN HELP US GROW
IF WE ONLY STEP OUT
OF OUR COMFORT ZONE AND
INTO THE UNKNOWN! YET IF
YOU TAKE THE EASYWAY OUT
TO ALWAYS BE SAFE,
YOU LL BE CON FINED TO YOUR FEARS
AND NEVER KNOW WHAT
YOU COULD HAVE BEEN---
if you d only listened to your heart
and forgot that every one else
was less important then you
so live life for only you
and believe in every thing you do
for the sky is your limit
and only you can stop your growth
live today, today
as if it were the last day of your life
for you may never get another chance
god bless you
for you are very special
and god will help you
if you only ask

did you watch the steeler cardinals super bowl i love football

·
Aggresive Not Crazy
1,815 Posts
There was a direct-bolt-up shorty header made for a while, but have been discontinued for a few year's now. So you'll have to find some one selling off there old one.

It's not that hard to modify the Zetec one, just drill new holes in the flange.
do you mean the regular ones or the shorty ones? cause i've been pickin up some mad tools i just dont have any air tools or wielders. can it be done with just power hand tools? i've got drill bits and angle grinder

·
Registered
764 Posts
do you mean the regular ones or the shorty ones? cause i've been pickin up some mad tools i just dont have any air tools or wielders. can it be done with just power hand tools? i've got drill bits and angle grinder
Yes you can, you can drill the holes next to he ones that are already there but i think its easier to fabricate your own flange and weld it on.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I second that.

I modified a zetec header to fit my spi last year, and a new flange would have been nicer but drilling the holes is much easier, cheaper, and works just as well.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts