Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, was trying to see if anybody happened to have a used header for the D20 I’ve found a bunch online but my issue is they all won’t be here until 2/20 if I ordered today, I’m on an extreme time crunch right now and need one by the end of this up coming week not sure if anybody on this group might have one locally (I’m in Kansas city) if not and someone has one I can pay express shipping, please PM me if anybody has one laying around by chance, I don’t care if it’s a knock off, FSwerks, OBX..etc as long as it bolts up to a 09 focus with a D20 it’ll be fine, thank y’all!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had it tuned before by FSWERKS (which wasn’t all that great) and then went and started with Tom but couldn’t keep going back and fourth with kids, car having issues, work, and moving all at once so I said screw it and went to my buddies shop and had him stick it on the dyno and get it setup then went back after the header to get the AFR setup, he just did a quick base tune for me so it’s drivable, after things get settled with moving I’m going back and paying Tom And getting his tune

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Major difference in top end pull, feels much smoother too lost a lot of low end but cam will help make up for it, Felix I looked up the Ford spec on camshaft replacement on a focus and I spoke too soon actually looks easy so that’ll probably be next, what do y’all think of intake manifolds? I know the knockoff cossi is short runner and great for top end, the weapon-r is long runner pretty good for low/mid. I’m trying to get a good balance of low end and top end. Don’t care about peak power because of course that never really tells the whole story.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
I'd throw a 23 head on your 20 & use the 23 i/m as its a great dual runner....yea it doesn't look great like a Cossi, but its really great for the street. I'd also throw a pr of cams at it. btw the oem cams are really weak as a header will show you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If I ever go boosted I’ll end up using the 23 I know it performs better and I’ll get better results with a set of cams but just trying to have fun on a budget right now without taking the whole head off, what years/vehicle did those manis come on? Escape? I could give a rats a$$ about looks. Function over form has always been my style, I know OEM cams are weak you can really tell once you get the engine breathing that’s for sure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I didn’t throw a code I had my buddy switch of the rear O2 sensor when he did a quick base tune for me, you’ll need a tune either way when you put a header on because the engine will run slightly leaner. If you need a tune I’d go with Tom he knows his *****

1 - 16 of 16 Posts