Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
it might fit. dont expect the horse power gain they say.

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Dont buy. 1) shorty headers are a pain in the ass to install and u see relitive no gains in hp or tq. 2) that down pipe will elimate the cat and it has no o2 sensors in the downpipe. Do some searchin through this section of the forums, ull find alooooot information

·
1.0 Powa
2,906 Posts
if you need to stay emissions legel then go shorty header with high flow cat. if not then go race, but will be louder.

·
1.0 Powa
2,906 Posts
if you need to stay emissions legel then go shorty header with high flow cat. if not then go race, but will be louder.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
if you want a shorty header, i got 1 for sale ford racing, for 75 + shipping... let me know

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,787 Posts
Just get a used Svt header from the buy sell trade forum and it then do an svt swap I heard that that is the best thing to do for you Foci

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have one of those, just for the off road pipe, don't have the header installed. I had to weld a nut on to fit the 2nd o2 sensor, and your egr will have nowhere to go as the header has no provision for it. Don't expect it to fit right either, i had to torch and bend the pipe just to get it to fit.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
First off you wont see anyting from the header other than its pretty... any gains will be seen from the ORP (cat delete) maybe 5-8whp at best.

Second there is no such thing as a JDM Focus part.

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
no no no if you want short go FR but FC, FS, or steeda or the infamous SVT are the only good headers out there

·
Registered
329 Posts
Go for it.. if you want a header now, only have $100, and plan on getting a better header within a year or two. The header flows better than stock and of course the ORP flows good. Some people bring up the quality, but believe the quality of these ebay products has greatly improved in the past two or three years.. as far as fitment, I've heard some horrors stories the require modification to the header, but I've heard even more instances of them fitting just fine.

Search around.. you'll find alot of info on those headers on here.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
save your money and get a header thats worth a crap. ive got the SVT, its got equal length primaries. you dont want to skimp on quality while upgrading your ride, TRUST ME, ive learned the hard way!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Dont get it! Thats the stupid kit i bought about 5 months ago..lets just say you'll spend roughly 4-6 hrs(or more) replacing the header,the ORP doesnt even fit to the flex or EGR and to top it off the header cracked at the welds...badly(like almost in 2) sooo learn from my stupid mistake and get a svt set up. Like im currently doing :) F.Y.I. the only reason I got that kit was because my cat. collapsed and the heat shield was missing from the manifold when I bought the car(quite an eye sore)Learn from you mistakes I guess...do it right the first time

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
i got a ford racing shorty, i've been telling people if they are intrested and wanted new header for cheap... ill gladly sell it for 80 shipped....

but everyone of couse is gunna say that shorty header for crap and the only thing we all should get is svt headers....

be if money is tight( which for most people these day they are) then you can get some performance for less money...

this header will bolt right up to your stock set up. do thats a good thing, no need to upgrade your cat or flex.... unless u want to.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts