Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats a good header to put on my stock zx3 all it has is intake and exhaust and lowering suspernsion and rim. so i want to put a header on i just dont know what kind to get that will give me the best performance. if you guys could help me out it would be appreciated thanks, Tony Baltimore[ffrocks]

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Best header is the SVT, but it isn't necessarily friendly to ur wallet!!if you have to stay emissions legal, look into a Ford Racing Shorty header w/ a hfc

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
you want best performance, then SVT long tube is the way!!

Best header is the SVT, but it isn't necessarily friendly to ur wallet!!if you have to stay emissions legal, look into a Ford Racing Shorty header w/ a hfc
if you look into shorty header, let me know. i got the Ford Racing ones that mlbbaseball is talking about. but without hfc.

75 + shipping fees

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
There's 1 or 2 guys on here selling a used SVT header, 9/10 tnhey sell fast but, look anyway.
FR don't make shorty header anymore, so JBA or PaceSetter Shorty Headers.

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
JBA or PaceSetter Shorty Headers???? What

Dont go with pacesetter. theyre junk. 400 bucks for a JBA shorty, no way. If you were to buy a shorty header, just go with MAC. They go for around 200.

For high flow cats, magnaflow offers a direct bolt in that isnt too shabby.

·
Registered
800 Posts
get the svt header to do it right its gona run u about 300 bucks but ull be glad u did it

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
^^^^Not if you decide to go turbo!! haha

·
1.0 Powa
2,906 Posts
Go with the FocusCentral header and flex. But that wont let you pass emissions. You get both for about $140-$175 off ebay. I got mine for 140 to my door. Putting it on Friday with all my other mods!!!

·
The Godfather
4,405 Posts
I took these during my build. FC 4-2-1 is great, the JBA 4-1 is also great. the other one says SVT on it so it must be better [rofl] Actually, it doesn't say SVT on it anywhere.

I have had both the FC and JBA, never wasted my time with the SVT. You want a big, heavy header that looks like ass, says SVT but doesn't perform to the same standards and pay more for it, than by all means, get the SVT.

FC outlet

JBA

SVT

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
i looked into focussport already. they are good headers, but the way they set up, right to the flex pipe, your gunna have to put a small cat(if you want to stay emission legal) in the back part of the flex. but its areally nice becuase it bolts right up to the flex.

i would of gotten FS but i bought a ford racing svt kit brand new, for 200, and that's a deal i couldn't pass up

-Bunna

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
i have a FC 4-2-1 with a 2.5 in flex got it 160 to my door and the performance is hands down the best mod i have done to my car

·
Registered
38 Posts
Has anyone ever tried the Focus Sport header or heard anything about it?
Mine took some effort to get it to fit correctly, but nothing major (no cutting of any sort.)

If you are putting it on a track car (Which you ARE, right? [nono]) and are cool with not having a cat, I would definitely recommend it.

It was a little loud for my tastes, but whatareyagunnado.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts