Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ford racing 4-1 shorty header and was wondering if I can bolt it straight onto my stock exhaust. I dont have the time to fabricate a custom mandrel bent exhaust or the money to buy a nex cat back exhaust so Im hoping its an easy bolt on that matches up good.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
ya jus have tools available. i just installed the svt header kit the other day. all the header bolts came off easily except the last one on the pass side. that was a bitch. also a bitch to install the bolt again. now i jus need to find out how to replace the power steering line from an svt cuz mine sorta burst yesterday

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
It'll bolt up.. Hit the bolts with some wd40 or something like that first. It'll also help to have ratcheting wrenches. Be prepared for a 2 or 3 hour job because some of the bolts/nuts are hard to get to.

Enjoy!

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
nov173 said:
now i jus need to find out how to replace the power steering line from an svt cuz mine sorta burst yesterday

Don't forget to get the connector / adaptor that goes with it.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
You don't need all of that for the shorty header.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
blanezx3 said:
It'll bolt up.. Hit the bolts with some wd40 or something like that first. It'll also help to have ratcheting wrenches. Be prepared for a 2 or 3 hour job because some of the bolts/nuts are hard to get to.

Enjoy!
Give PB Blaster a shot too. I worked wonders when my suspension was done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts