Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to ask before i start wraping up the headers, and flex... will REgular Hose clamp hold up to the pressure and heat of the headers?? has anyone experance problems with them??

-Bunna

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
yup... what he said... that's what i used

·
Registered
975 Posts
yeah. never had a problem

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I've used hose clamps several times, but I wont use them any more since they look like ass...... I recently started useing stainless steel zip ties any they do a great job and look SOOOOOOOO much cleaner.

See how much cleaner it is without the bulky hose clamps....

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
I used the stainless zips to wrap my OBX with good results

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok as of now, 2:30 am, i got 2 of the short peice wrapped up.

tomrrow i got 2 long peice to wrap, and i am using hose clamps.... cheaper i guess.

p.s. i wish i knew how delicate the wrap was , almost ripped my 2nd one.....with hard thang

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and i swear, i didn't know how much the wrap was gunna flake, would of wore a mask.... to cover my nose up.... sneeezing allot now!

p.s. allot of the copper flake came off to....

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
What brand of wrap did you get????

I've never had one try to tear before and I'm a very big guy and I wrap them as tight as I can get it.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im using thermo tec, copper wrap....

i was trying to get this end loose with a chop stick and it start to tear...

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
yea uh fiberglass was flakin off my wrap when i attempted to wrap my new shorty. damn it sucks tryin to wrap a shorty header. Does any1 have any sugguestions on the correct way of wrapin it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've used hose clamps several times, but I wont use them any more since they look like ass...... I recently started useing stainless steel zip ties any they do a great job and look SOOOOOOOO much cleaner.

See how much cleaner it is without the bulky hose clamps....

Seconded that.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I used the zipties at first on mine and I couldn't get them tight. I ended up switching to zip-ties but faced them under the header and trimmed the excess clamp part. It looks great, I'd definetly reccomend them over zip ties but that's just my personal opinion [thumb] .

BTW...the zipties are super sharp (sliced both my thumbs) and the header I wrapped is for sale if anyone's looking for a nice race header (cat delete, check BST forums for "FC race header") that's pre-wrapped [woot] [offtopic] lol

·
Registered
196 Posts
haha double post...anyways if you look suppppppper close on the little white thumb you can't almost see it (haha, lameee, lol). No but seriously I still irritate the area sometimes when really wrenching hard, both right on the inside that moves everytime you touch something so it never heals.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
dam man that another reason for me to stay alway form the zippy's ....

but hey, i wraped 2 pipes without soaking it in water, is this going to effect anything, and should i soak the wrap to do my other 2 pipes or just go without it??

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
I found that soaking them keeps all the little particles of fiber glass out of the air/lungs so yes wrap them wet and no it should'nt make the ones that you did'nt wrap wet any less effective. Though they might be a tad bit looser than the one that were wrapped wet.

Oh poopoo I guess that finishes the "should I get header wrap wet before putting it on?" debate into the ground. If anything do it for your health. fiberglass is very bad for you and your lungs.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok is that it? i thought it might effect power. but yeah i had issue with fiber glass flying into the air, arms, nose and other spot... it wasn't pretty!!!

ill try to wet the other when wrapping the rest...

btw, how long will it take for the wrap to dry, before i can spray it down?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts