Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Some places say there header won't fit atx ....is this true... or just untested ?
See for yourself:
FS sport 4-2-1 Race header on 2002 ZX3 Automatic.
I have since had to quiet the exhaust down with another muffler.
Its just a hair louder than stock now.

http://youtu.be/7X-357Ex1ZY

Here's why it had to be toned down...it had become unbearable trying to pull out at a light or stop sign:

http://youtu.be/cL9ENdPUQ2o

·
Jetsetter
6,659 Posts
I'm looking for cheap, and catless
a Header is one of many parts you DONT want to cheap out on, just about any header you buy on ebay WILL crack due to inferior workmanship and materials, there are some quality headers on ebay mostly from private sellers, however its better save yourself the hassle buy a QUALITY header and do the job once and do it right.

having said that, transmission does NOT matter when buying a header for our cars.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
I'm looking for cheap, and catless
You can still run the SVT long tube header. Just run it with an off road pipe. You can either buy one, or have a muffler shop fab one fairly cheap. Just don't forget that unelss you want you CEL to stay on, you're gonna have to tune for it.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
svt header and orp gets super close to the PS line in the middle of the rack. with the cat in place your fine. swapped to a 5 speed now the orp has like 1.5" between that line not 1/8".

·
I <3 my SVT
1,761 Posts
Nothing but svt header belongs on a zetec. I went all out with a good used svt header, massive stainless allen bolts, new oem ford gasket, custom orp, and dei titanium wrap and I didn't barely spend over 200 bucks. Worth double that to me, the gains are ungodly at every rpm. The custom orp with 2 o2 bungs was 50 bucks and bolted right in.

Ps- I had that ebay crap header before the svt. No comparison on any level.

Matt
Posted via FF Mobile

·
R.I.P Kona
12,868 Posts
If you wanna use cheap ebay header for your car then don't bother. Performance isn't the same and it won't last and you'll be buying a new one. Save up and do it right. And it fits fine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts