Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone here is running the F2 header with a stock exhaust?

I would like to do this and just cut out the rear resonator. I want to keep the exhuast quiet but increase the performance w/the header so I was wondering if anyone has expierence with the sound and performance of this type of set-up? Thanks.

·
Proudly Daily Driven
2,255 Posts
hmmmm i havent heard any first hand like this, but my guess is you probably will get a low rpm growl and will be decently loud....but probably past 4000 rpm its gunna sound like a 2 stroke dirtbike as far as raspyiness

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
it won't increse that much your stock exhaust is too restrictive for a header...if you want to do it rite then you need to get an exhaust first then header. If you do header you will get slim to no prformance b/c your enginge cant breath through your exhaust...I mean ya you could prolly do it but you'd be wasting money. IMO I would just spen the money that you got for the header and use it for an exhaust now thats money well spent and you get more bang for your buck...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I still want to keep it quiet I mean I would like it to be as close to stock sounding as possible. How much of a diameter increase does an aftermarket exhaust give you?

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
1-7/8" is stock, id do a 2.5" for a duratec.

and adding a header will make it loud. how loud is dependant on which exhaust you use and how sensitive your ears are. I have MBRP (2.5", resonator and muffler)+ header combo and its loud and raspy but im not bothered by it at all. Id say 2.5" exhaust with a resonator or two in the mid section would be quieter, but no where near stock level.

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
x2

1-7/8" is stock, id do a 2.5" for a duratec.

and adding a header will make it loud. how loud is dependant on which exhaust you use and how sensitive your ears are. I have MBRP (2.5", resonator and muffler)+ header combo and its loud and raspy but im not bothered by it at all. Id say 2.5" exhaust with a resonator or two in the mid section would be quieter, but no where near stock level.
this is my next mod, i already have a 2.5 mbrp and it sounds great. im getting a cfm tb and f2 header for my tax retern gift to myself. i normaly take 500-700 just for myself then save the rest. . but id say do the mbrp 2.5 first and if you want it louder then go for the header.[cheers]

·
Registered
100 Posts
ive got an obx header with a modified trubendz 2.5" exhaust. it has two of the 6" round magnaflow mufflers and its not bad.

·
1,999 Posts
you don't have to go 2.5. For instance Focus Sport sells a 2.25 (which I have and love) and it goes great w/ the OBX 4-1 thats the set up I have on my ZX3. But you don't want to run a header w/ a stock exhaust that's backwards get exhaust first...then header.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
generally the smaller exhaust you have, the louder it is...running a header to a stock exhaust and then bolting a muffler on the end will give you bumblebee like no bodies business

i cannot condone such things being done to a focus

·
Registered
465 Posts
if u want quite but a little rumble, go w/ the Focus Sport stealth exhaust w/ stock manifold! 2.25" piping, 1 res./1 muffler! not to loud but adds some performance!!

·
1,999 Posts
thats what I'm rollin...OBX header/FS 2.25 exhaust/ FS CAI...FTW

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well i want performance so iif i do an exhaust i'm goign to do a header with me exhaust alone isn't worth to me its only about a 5HP gain if that, and it kills me to spend such money on something for such alittle power but if I do a header it'll be worth it I suppose I wish the exhuasts weren't so much the F2 header is a steal!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
with having an st with a cosworth cai my car sounds good but i really want to have some noise. this guy that i have class with has a sti and it makes me drullll all over myself. so know i really want an exhaust system. i know i will not get that sound but i want a good sound. i really want a magnaflow muffler from trubenz but thats a lot of money so if anyone has anything let me know

but SVO2300cc if you really want to spend 700 bucks save that stuff and just get a cat back and no header then get a turbo man!!!! if you want power cans.. LOL

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
would that sound the same for an st focus like mine? i dnt know if the st exhaust is the same just without the lunchbox thing?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts