Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am replacing my headers, again, with obxr long tube headers. The right side of my shorty headers have a bronze tube connecting to them and then going to the rear of the engine. I think it is the egr valve but I am not sure. My new headers dont have a bung to screw it in to so my question is... What do I do? Do I really need the tube there or can I just leave it disconnecte? Please help Fast

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
you need to have a bung welded to the new header...and can i see a pic of the long tube from OBX?...i'm guessing its chromed mild steel. but post if you can

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, The header was actually impossible to install being that the header DIDNT EVEN COME CLOSE TO FITTING MY CAR!!! The Flange was way too short and the bolt pattern was totally offand there was no egr bung. I dont know why I didnt rercognize it earlier. I guess I was just so happy that I was getting rid of my discolored shorty headers and I must have been blinded by the beautiful chrome job on my new SS headers. It just freaken sucks that I cant return them without getting charged a 25% restocking fee. I wouldnt have to pay the restocking fee if they had sent me the right headers in the first place!!! Looks like my internet shopping days are over!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, acura integra

1 - 5 of 5 Posts