Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this might be a bit sutpid, but i seriously dont know, will an SVT header fit on a zetec SE model? or is it only fitting in the hackback versions of the focus?

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
the svt and the regular 2.0 zetec are different engines.. much different components... both internally and externally.. the best you could do would be to do a fc 4-2-1 race header or equivalent, and go catback with an svt exhaust... by the time you add it up.. it would be better to go with borla then..

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
It does bolt up but you have to get a kit to rerout the dip stick and you also have to change around one of the power steering lines (just read that in another thread, forget which one). Not only that, but you have to get the off road pipe to eliminate the cat, or get the cat, and you have to get the flex pipe! It will be an expensive mod, but the gains are just as good as a 4-2-1 race header, just a little more quiet i believe. Good luck, hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
ya it will i got the svt header kit from mcnews, ya its a little pricey but it will fit. supposedly the svt header is the best one u can get for the focus.

·
Registered
958 Posts
nov173 said:
supposedly the svt header is the best one u can get for the focus.
i imagine it would be since it gives all the gains of a long tube header while keeping it emissions legal w a cat, and on top of that its quieter than a racing header...sounds like its all smiles here [thumb]

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Where can you buy the SVT flex-pipe or is there another flex that will bolt up to the SVT cat?

·
Shiroi kabocha
1,974 Posts
the kit that mcnews sells is a custom rt hi-flow cat and std. zetec flexpipe just in a much larger diameter.

·
Registered
789 Posts
^
yes it will fit. the body styles are different but the engine compartments are the same.

·
Boosted
2,814 Posts
yes, but the header wont fit if u have the SOHC SPI engine, and not the DOHC Zetec??? Which i though came in most SE models

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
fallacious_focus said:
the kit that mcnews sells is a custom rt hi-flow cat and std. zetec flexpipe just in a much larger diameter.
Yes, but the complete kit, as awesome as it is, is very expensive. I have heard you can do the same thing if you get the SVT cat and Flex instead. I'm thinking about getting the header kit and piecing everything else together from the header back. Right now, I can probably wait until a SVT flex comes up in the B/S/T forum, but I wanted to know if there were any other options. Are the SVT folks using any aftermarket flexpipes?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Originally posted by lanting90
yes, but the header wont fit if u have the SOHC SPI engine, and not the DOHC Zetec??? Which i though came in most SE models
well i have the sports package, which included the 130 HP stock Zetec engine, so i do have the Dual over head cam focus, which im glad that my father picked.

and anyway.... i thought that SE models came with the zetec..? let me check that out

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hmm guess not, but when i look under the hood it does say zetec, in big white letter and stuff.. does this mean that i wont fit cause i have an SE? and not a zx3/S?

also the window sticker also says zetec engine, besides, i had the engine replaced about 10K miles ago, cause i busted teh engine due to an oil leak that did not notice until teh engine froze. and i know they put in a zetec... would that change anything about the compartment?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
ya shades it should def fit, the only prob is it's expensive. i haven't installed it yet. last time i attempted, i couldn't get the nuts off where the cat connects to the flex. they are seized on there. PB blaster doesn't even work, so im just going to cut them off when i get time. i can't wait to feel and hear the difference. MIKE

·
Shiroi kabocha
1,974 Posts
Tbones00SE said:
Yes, but the complete kit, as awesome as it is, is very expensive. I have heard you can do the same thing if you get the SVT cat and Flex instead. I'm thinking about getting the header kit and piecing everything else together from the header back. Right now, I can probably wait until a SVT flex comes up in the B/S/T forum, but I wanted to know if there were any other options. Are the SVT folks using any aftermarket flexpipes?
i think in the year that i have been here i have only seen an svt flex once and an svt cat twice...dont hold your breath. and buying the parts new would be far more expensive than just buying the kit.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
^^The cat I already have (well, it is on the way) and it only cost me $60 shipped. I just looked around and I see that I might be able to get a new SVT flex for $133 over on FJ. I can wait though cause I have about another year to get this car paid off and then I can really afford to go at it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Well this definitely helps me with my header choice problem...thnx guys FF rocks!

off-topic side note......seeing how i'm in alaska and there are quite a few foci here, and none of them are sportin' the FF sticker, i just bought 2....but as to where i should put them? I'm thinking either the plastic black side moldings or the rear side windows....sorry for the thread-jack in advance.

I feel = [?|]

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
I see most people putting them on the rear side windows in that tinted area around the window so that you and passengers can still see out

1 - 20 of 21 Posts