Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Not sure what the laws in TX are. Try asking in the regional forums under TX. You might get a quicker better educated response.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I know in Missouri at least its only a safety inspection. gonna be registering my car back ther when i have to smog again.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
im also in Texas and to be honest it completely comes down to the shop here. "technically" we are supposed to have both obd/ check engine code test and a visual inspection of the exhaust system. our state emissions law states that any modification to a factory exhaust system prior to the cat is illegal. therefore any mufflers and such after the cat is fine and dandy. in cases where cars have multiple cats from the factory this extends to the second cat and cant be modified before it. But here is what i have accumulated from both Kaufman county all the way to smith county from shops: "how are we going to know if your car came with one or two cats?" and they have a point, someone in the shop would have to be a precise expert on focuses to know which one has two lol. Ask around and see if someone you know has found a shop that doesnt really care, passes too dark tint etc. a buddy with a focus here in tyler told me where to go to get mine inspected. They seriously pulled it in the dock, honked the horn, and slapped a sticker on it. never even looked at the exhaust or put a computer to it. all comes down to the shop(=

1 - 5 of 5 Posts