Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it connects to the flex
alright awesome.. and just to make sure.. I know this header will throw my check engine light on.. but when go get a dyno tune.. they can turn the code off so I can still pass emissions? My dad owns a tire company and he can inspect the car without a cat but the computer cant haha. so I just to get passed the computer.

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
alright awesome.. and just to make sure.. I know this header will throw my check engine light on.. but when go get a dyno tune.. they can turn the code off so I can still pass emissions? My dad owns a tire company and he can inspect the car without a cat but the computer cant haha. so I just to get passed the computer.
They can do that with a tune, but your emissions will be what the computer reads. Without the cat, they will of course not be the same. If your dad's the inspector, then he probably knows a way around that.

If you are not getting a tune any time soon, you could purchase on 02 cheater that hooks up in line on the rear 02 sesnor. This will also eliminate the cel.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They can do that with a tune, but your emissions will be what the computer reads. Without the cat, they will of course not be the same. If your dad's the inspector, then he probably knows a way around that.

If you are not getting a tune any time soon, you could purchase on 02 cheater that hooks up in line on the rear 02 sesnor. This will also eliminate the cel.
I was planning on getting the header right before I do the dyno tune. so that way I dont have to worry about remembering to get it tuned before my cars due for an inspection. I got another question.. will that header be a good route or should I get a shorty header and a High flow cat? how much power would the difference be..

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
if you reasearch the focus sport header... you can find a proto car they made for this... it was put on the back side of the flex... then they exstended the o2 wires. OR you can ass a Hi flow cat AFTER the flange of the exhaust... it would be back there but you don't be throwning a light and still be emission legal.

but research the FS header they put on a yellow focus....

-----

if your planning on getting the FS header..... have you considered the SVt headers? if your planning on getting the combo FS header... for the extra 150, you can make urself a HFC
---something i did.

-----

ps. SHORTY HEADER IS WAHT STCOK zetec have..... long tube or go home..

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
You should consider a 2.25" flex pipe to use for that header. Also, do you have a cat back exhaust or are you using the stock set up? Also, have you considered the appreciable increase of exhaust noise?

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Try to find a O2 cheater I've been passing emissions for almost 4yrs now with no cat. It gets rid of the check engine light which is what fails you. Has long has they don't stick nothing up your tail pipe they won't know you don'thave a cat has long has the comnputer is telling the other computer that everything is ok

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks guys! I appreciate your info :D

Hot rod wagon.. I have a stock setup current I was gonna do a fex back before I got the header.. and I am confused on getting a 2.25 flex and cat or 2.50? which one is best guys?

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Get the SVt header. You get better gains with it.

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
thanks guys! I appreciate your info :D

Hot rod wagon.. I have a stock setup current I was gonna do a fex back before I got the header.. and I am confused on getting a 2.25 flex and cat or 2.50? which one is best guys?
I'd go 2.5" flex. It sounds like you are adding the cat after the flex, then go 2.5" after the cat. That would be ideal for your header. Plus, any future upgrades will benefit from the 2.5" piping.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts