Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey yall,
so i was thinkin of gettin an f2 header for my 05 zx3 with a 2.0. the only issue is that i want a cat in there 2 make it smog legal [i can pass a visual {even thow i live in cali i work @ a shop and my tech will pass me on the visual}] so ya i have a pzev, now i dont know much about them but i do know that sometimes im makin no emission out of it [great 4 tree huggers but i could give a shit] and that it has more o2 sensors in it than a non-pzev. so i was lookin @ my cat and i noticed that it had an o2 sensor going in2 it and another 1 b4 it i belive [its been a little bit]. would i be able 2 get a cat and put another o2 sensor behind it and not throw a code? i know that i would have 2 extend the wire [i know that somewere makes it but i dont know who] and just hook in a new sensor there? well ya any help or other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
thanx
tyler

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ill have 2 try that. i noticed in that write up that it had exhaust wrap on the headers, i know that stuff is suposed 2 lessen engine heat but does it really work? are their any real benifits 2 useing it or is it kinda just a looks thing?

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Header wrap keeps heat inside the piping. The hotter the gasses stay, the faster they travel out of the motor. The faster you keep these gasses going the better scavenging of exhaust gasses you get from the combustion chambers. This improved scavenging allows for cooler combustion chamber temps and a cleaner, better burning intake charge resulting in a more efficient motor.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
extending O2 sensor wires will not throw a code

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
You will throw a code if you eliminate the o2 sensors, not by extending the wires going to the sensors. This is why the mechanical fix was developed, nit sure who the credit goes to for that, but Syz did a good write up for it.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
There would be a very minute voltage drop with a longer wire but so small the computer wouldn't notice or even care.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
negligible voltage drop

1 - 9 of 9 Posts