Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
it'll be fine.....but the stock exhaust pipe dia. is still only (maybe)2"....soooo if your fine with that ok, but in order to get the full perf. out of it you should and try and match the larger dia. through the whole exhaust(header to tail).....IMO

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well if the headers work then ill purchase them leave the stock cat then get the 2.25 flexpipe then the 2.25 exhaust all the way back sorry left that out. Just wanted to know if this setup will work!!

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
You can get a much better header for a lot less than that...

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
ya and i think that cat will wear early it is just physics, bigger pipes more air, this air now has no where to go

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
ya and i think that cat will wear early it is just physics, bigger pipes more air, this air now has no where to go
yup, eventually your stock cat will wear out, and i would definitely look into the long tube headers b/c they are better than the shorties

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Kind of related question. Will a 2.5" cat-back bolt up to the stock flex with no problem? I'm looking at a 2.5" trubendz and don't have the cash to upgrade the flex right away.

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Why thank you young grasshopper.......I mean sir[wiggle]

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
heres a quick question i saw the high flow cat on cfm does that cat fit your sensors so you wont throw a code??

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
it should i would call and double check but my instinct is yes post a link to the exact one you are looking at and it will help give a more definate answer

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
kool so i dont have to worry about the codes!! well i wanted to thank everybody for the help!! i will be posting some reps here in a few and again thanks

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
ya that is perfect fit let us know if any problems with the mag arise i am interested how she does

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
If You Are Still Looking At Shorty Headers, And Have Doubts About It, I Think You Should Try Out A Brand Name But Cheaper Priced One. Lets Say The One I Have, Ill Give It To You For 85 Shipped.

OH YEAH, ITS A FORD RACING ONE, NON-COATED

·
FocusXtreme
3,369 Posts
always trying to sell gosh... no i am just kidding, the fr is a pretty good one and i guarantee it will fit. just make sure you coat or wrap it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts