Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have owned for a little over a year now, a 04 2.3L zts duratec 5speed.
i have a K&N Cold air intake
Question1: there is not a legal header for my car is there?(if so what is it?)
Question2: What should my next mod be for best perfromance gain?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
from what i know, theres not a legal header for our cars, b/c theres a converter in our headers. there might be one with a cat in it, but i dont know.

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
1) cat-back exhaust

I could go on and on. IMO, save the header money for cams after you get a flash tuner [;)]

Several FF's have not been too happy with the race only sound of the Duratec headers. SD Focus likes his though.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
There is no header that will ever be legal for the 2.3 at least in smog controlled states. The stock exhaust manifold has a cat in it and not aftermarket company is going to waste there time trying to make one. I would get an exhaust and maybe a throttle body and a tune that should wake up the engine enough.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
a header is illegal in any state, infact installing a header that does not have a carb exemption number, is a federal offence

·
Registered
70 Posts
Using any aftermarket header would not be legal because you remove the cat which is a emmition cotrol devive and is tech a fed offence. Thats why they all say for offroad use only. I found a decent power gain from the draxas headers, and magnaflow cat-back

1 - 8 of 8 Posts