Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
You can only find the OBX on Ebay. Fswerks no longer sells a header. Ebay is pretty much the only place you can find a header right now. Rebel Devil Customs is supposed to be coming out with a header of their own in a couple months though.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
nice! i didnt know anyone still had those. Dont forget if you buy that header to buy the flex pipe too. it's separate. i have that header on my car. it's great.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,317 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a question, slightly off topic but still relevant. I am wondering how much volume/drone/obnoxious rattling I would get with a header and the stock exhaust? More importantly, would I see any improvement from a header with the stock exhaust?

Not that an upgraded exhaust won't come later, but if and when it does it is going to be an expensive custom system that keeps the factory triple muffler configuration, just larger. I DO NOT want this car to be loud! I don't have the budget right now to do a full exhaust job, but with the header(s) on ebay being around $150 give or take, I figure it is a good place to start.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
I ran my header with stock exhaust for awhile. its not that loud at all. I'm sure it does add some power but i dont think you will get the full benefit until you do a full exhaust.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,317 Posts
Yea^^^ It really does get the exhaust gases flowing vs the restricted manifold.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts