Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
header installed

I started working on installing a race header on tuesday and with you guys's help got it in on thrusday, but I broke an oxygen sensor and had to wait for that to come in today. Finally I got the sensor in and the car is running. It is pretty loud. I didn't think it would be too loud with a high-flow cat, resonator, and a large muffler but it is kind of embarassing. The exhaust itself now has a more high-pitch and raspy sound close to what you would expect from a civic. It does sound clean compared to a lot of the ricers around here though. The sound is almost tolerable and I have spent way too much money on this so I will keep the header on. As far as performance goes, I didn't notice much on the street but when I got on the freeway I noticed a difference. It is a lot quicker at those speeds than it was before.

I am going to rate the header so here it goes:

Note that I spent almost $600 on this project, didn't have my car running for 5 days, and I lost my job because of it.

f2 4-1 race header

Looks: 8 I guess it looks like a header should but could be better
Sound: 2 embarassingly loud and borderline ricerish
Performance: 6 Noticeable gain in power but does not live up to the increase in sound
Installation: 1 Based on personal experience. Worst week of my life.
Quality: 7 It looks like a quality piece but the downpipe with spring loaded bolts seems like a poor design, and doesn't really match the header.

Total: 3

It's not worth all of the noise your car will make. I spent money on a high-flow cat and an extra resonator and the exhaust still rapes my ears when I give it any more than just a pinch of gas. I find myself accelerating really slow around town because anything more is embarassing.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
It all depends on what your power goals are.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Glad to hear you got it installed now tho!! Just wondering where were u able to find the F2 header? I cant find it on f2focus.com

·
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought it used off of another memeber here. The sound has already grown on me a bit, but it is deffinitely loud.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Well, look on the bright side. If someone pisses you off while driving, give em a taste of what your focus sounds like. I do it all the time :D

its fun..

·
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
actually the header is comming off and I'm going to sell it. It's just too loud and I can't afford a ticket right now [:)]

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
ZZZzzz, i some what agree with you. the headers just makes a good sound exhaust get loud. im by no means a loud exhaust fan, mine is loud but only when i go WOT, so i like it, but i had to make some changes to it fast.

·
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i find it to be too loud no matter how much gas I give it. Oh well I am selling all my parts if any of you are interested [:)]

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
dude why are you seling all your parts???

·
Registered
296 Posts
You lost your job??? If you lost your job for this....that makes you a loser....unless your job really sucked....but even then...that is lame...

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Hexx said:
You lost your job??? If you lost your job for this....that makes you a loser....unless your job really sucked....but even then...that is lame...
Dude.. seriously.... I cannot beleive you would even make a comment like that. What maturity level do you have? *shaking head*

Sorry to hear about all the problems SD!

·
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
WickedlyFastST said:
dude why are you seling all your parts???
I have outgrown the need to mod my car. I realized that its not ever going to be as fast as I want. I also could use the money for other things that I want more than the small gains I got from the parts I am selling. I will certainly mod my next car, which will be in a few years as I enter the professional world and start making some money.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
oh ok so your not selling all your parts and then selling your car... I thought that was what you were going to do... [:)]

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
y2kpedo said:
ZZZzzz, i some what agree with you. the headers just makes a good sound exhaust get loud. im by no means a loud exhaust fan, mine is loud but only when i go WOT, so i like it, but i had to make some changes to it fast.
y2kpedo you have a PM..

·
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
WickedlyFastST said:
oh ok so your not selling all your parts and then selling your car... I thought that was what you were going to do... [:)]

I didn't say I wasn't going to sell the car [;)] That may be possible in the near future. It depends I am working out a few different job options right now. I wouldn't mind keeping the focus for a few more years. it is a nice looking car and reliable. That is what I need right now. I also like that I am about to finish paying off the car in only 3 years. I also just sold my motorcycle a few weeks ago so I am seeing some pretty decent financial times for a college kid.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Just asking... but when you do sell your car your not going to buy a freakin Honda are you?

·
Registered
251 Posts
WickedlyFastST said:
Just asking... but when you do sell your car your not going to buy a freakin Honda are you?
Well he did say he wanted a faster car..........so a Honda is outta the question by fault.

·
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Actually a honda s2000 is on my wish list. I just can't afford it right now. Honda makes great cars, and my motorcycle was a honda. Lately I have been looking at miatas and the toyota mr2 spyder.

·
Registered
296 Posts
CrazyMatt said:
Dude.. seriously.... I cannot beleive you would even make a comment like that. What maturity level do you have? *shaking head*

Sorry to hear about all the problems SD!
To lose a job over modifying a car!?!? WHO WOULD LOSE their JOB to modifying their CAR!!!???

1 - 20 of 32 Posts