Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Cosworth header from a guyon here used and I have a small problem.

Not that the guy was screwed up or anything... he was a great seller but all I got was the header, flex, and the bolts that go into the flex. What else do I need to get this thing on? I know gaskets but I am going to go to the dealer and buy a new OEM exhaust manifold gasket. I heard that I need a O2 sensor extension or something... is that true and if so can I just extend it myelf with some wire and electrical tape, because I really don't know where to get the extender... [:)]

Thanks[thumb]

·
Registered
345 Posts
i'd only use the cosworth extension. it has a certain resistance that the computer reads.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok well I e-mailed Focussport and they told me that they don't sell or they can't get me just the extention or any of the hardware without the header so I was wondering can I just make my own extention and if so with what wiring and what else because I can't my car apart and then need to go to the parts store...

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do I really need an extention???

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Yes. In order to use the 2nd O2 sensor, you need to use the extension to make it reach.

You can try fabbing your own. Just try to keep the wire gauge the same, and heat sheild it well.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok I will thanks... do you have maybe an idea on what the wire guage is???

·
2,272 Posts
Does the cosworth manifold come with an extension when purchased new? If the do then you should call Cosworth and see if they can sell you the extension. Its better than making your own because you know it will work properly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
SD_Focus said:
If the do then you should call Cosworth and see if they can sell you the extension. Its better than making your own because you know it will work properly.
Im in the same boat as WickedlyFastST... I have purchased a used Cosworth Headers and i don't have the extension wire...

Im waiting for a e-mail reply from Cosworth concerning the availability of the wire extension alone. I will keep you informed [thumb]

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks [thumb]

·
2,272 Posts
You will still get a CEL, however. Unless you ahve a tune with the o2 code disabled for you (I believe Matt does). I got a CEL almsot instantly when I installed the f2 header but you would get a CEL from any header so just be aware.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dustin I thought you had a tune or did you not have the rear o2 sensor dis-abled???

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think I am going to call Cosworth tomorrow and get a strait answer from them... this is quite annoying about th hardware not being included... [:(]

·
2,272 Posts
I had a tune but when I got it I never planned on getting a header so I didn't choose the o2 sensor disable option. I removed the CEL with my xcal2, but I don't know if that means it would stay away forever.

·
Registered
21 Posts
WickedlyFastST said:
I think I am going to call Cosworth tomorrow and get a strait answer from them... this is quite annoying about th hardware not being included... [:(]
Ok, keep me informed ![;)]

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
El Diablo, I called Cosworth and yep you can get the stuff from them directly... I got the o2 extention and I told him I needed seals and told me that he will just throw some in there for me and it costed me a few bucks... 49.9? but it's ok I only paid 200 bucks for my header it's still a steal....

Call them and just explain to them what you need and ask for Ken or Justin the operator said that the Focus is their baby... [hihi]

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hehe !

Thanks ![thumb]

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no problem [thumb]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts