Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one now how the OBX, F/W's & Weopon R header compare's to each other? Look's like the Weopen R header is a 4-2-1 type, for torque perhaps? Do the OBX & F/W's compare roughly the same, or what? Thanx again people for your input on this![thumb]

·
Registered
318 Posts
Sorry to ask but what's the diference between the 4-2-1 or what ever and the acing headers and what makes the different

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4 head pipe's going into two then the collector, instead of 4 into 1, like a regular header.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
The FSwerks is going to be your best bet. The 2.3 head flows much better than the 2.0 and the larger primaries on the FSwerks (1 7/8" as opposed to 1 3/4" on the others) is going to cater to that better. I had an F2 on my ST at one point. Switched to an FSwerks and won't ever go back.

·
NeedsMoarEverything
11,409 Posts
No one has ever run a Weapon R that I know of, or have seen on here. I wonder if the 4-2-1 cuts down on the harmonics and makes the car not quite as loud. Just a thought, no idea if that makes sense.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
It won't be quieter. The purpose of a properly built 4-2-1 header (also called a tri-y) is to improve exhaust scavenging from the cylinder head at lower RPMs, increasing lower end driveability so often lost with the use of a full 4-1 race header (built for high RPM). The pressure pulse differentials in the tri-y can pull each other out of the head quicker at lower RPM than that longer tubed 4-1.

That being said, will you feel a difference? Oh yeah. Just a different sort of feeling.

Of course this is all theory as well. The only way to really see the differences would be to dyno each header, same car, one after another and see where and when the power develops.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
I've installed an OBX on a friends car and it was fine quality. The welds looked alright and it looked cool all rainbowed up after it heated up a few times.

I can't vouch for how its lasted though as that was a few years ago and the friend moved away so I haven't seen it since. Seemed to give a nice bump in HP though.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Focuswerks! that way they will continue to make parts for as long time!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just installed an OBX on my 2.0 a couple weeks ago and so far it has been great. But as a couple of people have said the FSweks is supposed to be much better for the 2.3 because of the larger primaries. If I had a 2.3 I probably would've saved a few more pennies and got the FSwerks

·
Registered
716 Posts
I've had no probs with my obx. It fit good and was easy to install.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just to let you guy's know, I went w/ a F/W's header, flex-pipe, stealth muffler, & their tune!

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Enjoy, your gonna love the sound.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Yeah I love how mine sounds too.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I just got a F2 off ebay for 190 bucks. its the v3, and brand new. the guy had it on an engine in his showroom, never got ran. I know a lot of people dont care for them and they are out of business, but it looks nice and I love the long collector style versus the OBX's shorter almost non-existent collector. getting a custom tune update from TOM for my header and MM CAI, should make a big difference!

Oh, and for all those people, like me, who have been thinking of running a header with stock ST exhaust, but werent sure if gains were worth it, or what the sound was gonna be like... STAY TUNED!!! I could only find a few people who admitted to getting a header first, pre-cat back and none of them made a sound clip with that setup or had much to say. I WILL BRIDGE THAT GAP! After all, you can get a header for far cheaper than a cat back, and if gains are similar or better and you already have a tuner, why not? when you DO get a cat back, it will only make the gains from that better anyways!

·
Proudly Daily Driven
2,255 Posts
^ always wondered what the factory ST exhaust would sound like with a header. I have a feeling it'll sound like something compared to a street bike lol

·
soon to be turbo!
5,728 Posts
Any one now how the OBX, F/W's & Weopon R header compare's to each other? Look's like the Weopen R header is a 4-2-1 type, for torque perhaps? Do the OBX & F/W's compare roughly the same, or what? Thanx again people for your input on this![thumb]
the weopen R is not a true 4-2-1 header

this is a true 4-2-1 header

http://stevewyndhamracing.com/produ...ducts_id/54/osCsid/6cibtrffldckrldqk3uis24hf4

will it fit our cars? I really don't know, but i would like to try it out someday.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts