Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I'm relatively new to the focus, and this is my first post here. I know you've beat the exhaust combination topic to death, but I have a few questions. Right now I have a Magnaflow 2.25 inch cat-back. I'm looking to finish off the exhaust with the shorty+high flow+flex combo (I live in Ohio and they're quite strict here on emissions). I've never purchased a header or high flow cat, but I was wondering if you had any advice on some good products, or maybe a link to a good deal. I know the saying goes ' you get what you pay for', but please if you know of any decent prices, I'd appreciate the help.

Secondly, with this exhaust combo I'm looking for a good tone. The magnaflow tone is very nice, yet quiet. I'm not trying to be a so-called 'ricer', but i'd like to be heard.

Lastly, I bought a B&M this past summer, and it's been nothing but nice to me. During my install, I broke the circular plastic retainer clip. A zip tie has been on it for the past few months (still goin strong). Is there anywhere I could buy one off of the web, or do I have to go to my dealer?

Thanks guys, and sorry about all the questions, not tryin to be a bother...your help is greatly appreciated! thank you....-Joe

·
Registered
793 Posts
id go with the jba street header, rt high flow cat, fc flex..... look in the newbie section for links to these parts!

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
Ditto that ZX3_Chick, me too. RedZx3, I would reccomend saving the few extra dollars and going with the Ford Racing shorty header.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Zip tie good fix..the clips are like .75 at the dealer..Though when I bought the B&M it came with extra clips! As for the header I like my FR shorty and FC race pipe..

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
The Ford racing shorty is probably the best all around piece for your money.

The random tech cat is also the top dog.

Flexpipe are pretty generic though, the bosal and focussport pieces have the best build quality.

www.mcnewsautomotive.com

·
Registered
116 Posts
Can you get a header before a catback or is that just asking for trouble

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
yeah if your doing shorty and high flow cat, id do the flex and catback, then the header and cat, easier installs that way

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
The flexpipe and cat back are fairly common and done more often. If you decide to stay with those mods and not go further, at least you haven't spent money on a shorty and cat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts