Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am in the process of looking for headers and a hi flow cat to finish off my catback. Can you please give me your opinions. I am not looking to spend top dollar or buy the absolute best of the best, but also would NOT waste my money and put crap on my svt. Just looking for a quality product that isnt top of the line...

Any suggestions would be MUCH appreciated. Thanks guys!

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Keep the Stock Header... Nothing out there will out flow it.. and get either an RT (Random technology) HFC or try to find a CFM (centeral Florida Motorsports) HFC

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
wait... you want to change your header? i'll be the first one to tell you DON"T. the svt header is the best avail for the focus. Period. People will flame you for that lol but im not going to. The best you can do it to get an orp for your svt. KEEP the header and get a tune from Tom. 1turbofocus on here. You will DEF notice a differance.Trust me. And quality IS the header you currently have on your car. I have a reg focus and i spent a lot of money JUST to get the one you have stock. It's a tuned long tube header, and it's only on the svt's for a reason bud. Keep it. www.mcnewsautomotive.com has a HFC you can get too. But an orp or off road pipe willl yield you best results.

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
^^Youll be the second one to tell him ;) and the ORP and the HFC are about the same.. It wont yeild you better results, just different results.. and the ORP is illegal for road use.. (Id still have one it I didnt find a great deal on the RT HFC I have) After you do this I would Recomend a tune as well.. It will get rid of th flaws that your cars tune has, Like the bogging in 1st.. Like Nov173 said Contact 1turbofocus for more info, he has one of the best tunes out there for your car

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
i know!!! i took to damn long to type.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The only header that will make a difference is the FRPP coated header. It's the same thing the SVT's come with, just coated to keep the temps down.

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
^^Yup, I looks sweet too, But your better off HeatWrapping it.. Unless you want something for show..

·
Registered
752 Posts
wats a good something to get if you like sound and able to hear a nice roar from it??

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
I would go with a 2.5'' exhaust. I have the trubenz with no resinator and Borlaand a RT HFC.. Sounds great.. Also if you want ROAR.. Get a SRI or a CAI..

Mine Pops Like a rally car when I let off the gas ;)

·
Registered
752 Posts
yes that is wat i'm looking for.. my 240 used to do that it sounded so nice til i wrecked it.. but at least i got a car worth driving and feeling confident about

·
Registered
347 Posts
someone quoted the ORP is illegal for on road driving. i guess the cops haven't noticed at all for me. and heat wrapping the exhaust help significantly in keeping the heat down, but is a PITA to install. well worth it in the end.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I also agree on keeping the stock header, nothing out there that will do better than that one. And also agree on the Random Tech downpipe, or Off Road Pipe. I have the random tech, gives nice low tones and gives noticeable gains, good bang for the buck.

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
someone quoted the ORP is illegal for on road driving. i guess the cops haven't noticed at all for me.
Because of emissions. Not necessarily the sound.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts