1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
The AEM is a really nice gauge. It also has an analog out so you can use it to datalog if you would like.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would I have any issues installing it with the obx header? excuse the noobish question as we all start somewhere.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Just have a muffler shop weld in an o2 sensor bung in the obx collector or the straight pipe right after the flex pipe.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Obx only has one bung

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so would I get the extra bung welded in before I install it and the extra bung is to provide the a/f gauge a place to attach and read the a/f ratio output, correct?

·
Registered
716 Posts
Yes and yes. Just make sure the bung is in a good spot where there is no clearance issues. Of course it can always be welded in after it's installed.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, I just ordered both of em along with some dei titanium wrap. Should I test mount everything to see where I need the new bung welded on or is there a spot where is a standard area?

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
Test fit , pick a spot not close to a turn and try to put it where it gets good flow from all 4 tubes and easy to get to to change if needed , then mark it with a marker

Tom

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
this might be noobish, but my header arrived today with my flex pipe and the bung for the o2 sensor is right below the four pipes that collect into one leaving no space on the actual header to weld another bung. Do I get the bung welded onto the flex pipe? or am I missing something?

·
Registered
716 Posts
I actually had mine welded in after the flex pipe.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
is it a wise idea to get it welded into the flex pipe? Why not right?

I have to wait until next thursday to install because I am waiting for my dei wrap and am just pondering upon questions so I am familiar with what I am doing.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Mine is actually welded in right after the flex pipe.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Why can you weld it to the other side of the bung that comes on the OBX?

Thats where i was going to put mine.

When i ordered mine i ordered the header kit that comes with both ATX and MTX flex pipes im not sure which is which and i figured i try em both and see which fits best and use it.

To the original poster: do you have a tune? dont forget that the stock setup has 3 02 sensors so by removing one you will throw a code unless you do something to trick it. Or get a tune and have it disabled.

Im planning to put my stock 02 the top one into the bung that came with the header and then putting the wideband on the other side. The AEM comes with a TON of wire so there is way more then enough wire to rout it around everything.

I will admit when i think about putting it into the flex pipe that would be so much easier to work with this little section rather then trying to drill and weld into that big header.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the good stuff came in today from cfm and install will be this weekend barring any potential work that might prevent the installation. I found an exhaust shop to weld in an additional bung on the opposite side of the original bung on the obx for around $20 including the bung to be welded.

After the bung gets welded I am going to wrap it in prep for sat or sun. Thanks guys. Let me know if I am missing anything or any step that I should be doing.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
got the bung welded on for a total of $17 even including a plug and the actual bung. It is welded on the opposite side as the original bung. Thanks for the help guys. Now its on to other issues.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts