Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you guys know if those headers of ebay any good to buy for zetec's? like i found pretty good deals and want to buy one....so anyone know anything about those?

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Usually... people say BEWARE OF EBAY.

But.. if you are looking for a great header at a great price.. look into getting the SVT Header 'Kit' for the Zetec.... best one you can get, my friend.

I know a couple websites have it online, and you can get it through Ford too.... and the price is NOT unreasonable.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do i have to get the whole exhaust for it as well? or will it fit to a stock one? also hook me up with those links please
thanks

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so if i put it on, it will also take away my stock flex pipe? and connect to my stock cat please give me more info//// and if i order that header does it come with all the hardware and gaskets/.
thanks

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
If you get the OBX header off of ebay it will include the new gasket. You will
use the old bolts that connected the stock header. This will not delete the
flex pipe in the exhaust, it bolts right up to it. If you get the long tube header
it will delete the cat converter. And lastly, you will not need an
aftermarket exhaust. Unless of course you want one!

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if i delete the cat converter how will it affect on my e-test ans stuff.....and what is better long tube or like short head OBX header?

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
If you delete the cat you will fail emissions. IMO a long tube header
is better than a shorty header. One option that you do have is getting
the SVT header kit with the RT high flow cat. This way you will still
pass emissions. There is a web site that sells the SVT header and
high flow cat in a package. As stated above in a previous post.

www.mcnewsautomotive.com

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i feel so stupid man....can you show me the packag please....lets say i just want to get that kit for now ,install it with my stock exhaust and then later on buy a better catback

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
damn it.....pricy all together plus shippin.......its gonna rape my pockets over a $1000 for sure if i want shipped to canada

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
You don't NEED the High flow Cat. Its great, but its not a necessity. A stock SVT cat will work fine.. you can find used ones for CHEAP if you look around in our BST forums.

That will save you some money.

·
Registered
633 Posts
i've had the obx 4-2-1 race header on my car... their is nothing to "beware" of.. they are the same design as the FS header..
check the forsale section im sellin mine do to goin FI

·
Registered
420 Posts
You wont fail emissions if you don't have a cat. If you have an obd2.

You can also get a o2 cheater

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
WHere are you in Wisconsin? I'm near Milwaukee, and last time I had to test, they told me spicifically if I didn't have a cat, they'd fail me.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so anyways....are those headers of Ebay any good?

i mean the best one for Zetec is 4-2-1 and they are sntailess steal

·
Registered
65 Posts
i tihnk it just depends on the persons standards and the peice that they get. I have had the OBX 4-2-1 long tube for at least a good 15,000 miles now and i love it. it's held up just great and the gains were nice for the price. But i have heard of some people getting some bad sets, so i think it's really a toss up.

·
Registered
65 Posts
but beware! and i quote this from another member on a previous thread.... "it will redefine the word rice" when it comes to exhaust sound. I am currently in the process of saving for a borla w/ resonator to upgrade performance but also quiet that thing down a little!

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
I've had my obx 4-2-1 for almost 2 years now with no problems , it's great!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts