Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
as said in the PM, the reasons to upgrade from your HU, would require you to go with another brand. Only the DRZ9255 offers full DSP functions from Clarion. Even the DXZ865 doesn't offer HP for the mids, etc.

Aha, just got your PM:

So, it's between the Pioneer DEH-P880PRS and Eclipse CD8455, CD8454, or CD7000.

Tough call. $300, $400, or $500.
There are minor trade-offs.

The CD8454 will be used. So for the money, you might drop that one.

The CD7000 and CD8455 offer higher pre-out voltage and up to 11 bands of PEQ. But not everyone likes how they look.

The Pioneer has a great look, and may not stand out as much in the dash. It does have dual 16-band GEQ. It's also the least expensive. Read 13 pages of info on it at: http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2867&highlight=P880

I could go either way.

·
Powering America
8,559 Posts
For the HU thing, i have a picture of mine in the car, but it's not the greatest pic. Let me know if you want a better pic.

Mike

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
dude, you need the other HU kit for your P880PRS
i don't remember who makes it....

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I made a custom mount to recess the HU to fit flush.
(I drilled holes in the cage and bolted the cage to the HU.)

·
Registered
316 Posts
8445, 8454, 8455 all have 8 volt....

cd7000 has 5 volt....the cd5000 is the only eclipse with 8 volt this model year.

deh-780 and prs880 both have 5 volt

I just swapped out a 8454 for a deh-780... i figured i dont run active and dont need 16 band for both R/L....16 band total is enough... the 780 is basically the 880 with a better screen and a few less advanced options most people wont use anyways..

IMO the new pioneers 980BT, 880 and 780 are the shiz... i dont regret ditching eclipse at all.

·
Powering America
8,559 Posts
See, the thing is, I don't mind it the way it is right now. Plus, I feel that the kit I have is the superior one from Metra, which is what yours is also...I do have that one sitting at home too, but this one is really sturdy, unlike the American International kit that I had my Clarion deck in. I will eventually flush it in further, but for now, I will just leave it how it is, not sure with the motorized face if it will hit the kit at all.

Mike

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
my last kit drooped on the bottom, so I got this one
with my custom mounting, it fits a lot better now, i know what you mean
my last Alpine 9815 with motorized face had to fit just right to work without hitting, but it worked

faulkton, thanks for the feedback
Jburris is building a kickass system we are working on in PM, so the extra features of the P880 will come in handy.

·
Powering America
8,559 Posts
What's he running? Active? Just curious. Can't wait to see the finished product. Jburris, make sure to take some pics when you're done.

Mike

·
Registered
316 Posts
FocusInCali said:
my last kit drooped on the bottom, so I got this one
with my custom mounting, it fits a lot better now, i know what you mean
my last Alpine 9815 with motorized face had to fit just right to work without hitting, but it worked

faulkton, thanks for the feedback
Jburris is building a kickass system we are working on in PM, so the extra features of the P880 will come in handy.
yeah i just read the list in the other thread and the 880 is made for people like him ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts