Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would two aftermarket head units be able to fill all the space made by the stock CD player? I have a Pioneer head unit and I'm thinking about getting a 7" In-dash TV to fill up the extra space, if it'll fit.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
with some modifications, yes. opening isn't quite double DIN. it's somewhere between 1.5 and 1.75. people have done it, though.

Mike

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kind of modifications?

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
it's a very tight fit, i have the pioneer deq-7600 and pioneer p750mp in there but it's very tight. i needed to remove about a centimeter/quarter inch of the top lip (you can't take away from the bottom lip) and then i took off the whole bezel and there is a part i had to shave upwards, it's pretty much self explanitory when you see it, look at the picture link below of someone elses car. finally, to make it easier for me, i installed the radios first and then put the bezel back on but the bezel was modified with fibergalss and bondo so you can't tell i made it bigger. it was a frustrating process, just so your aware.

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/9/web/261000-261999/261450_79_full.jpg

- Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts