Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 SE single disc player has a disc stuck in it. I've tried what's suggested here and other things. Still stuck. Please recommend a new head unit that is compatible with the stock speakers. Maybe a unit with more, or a lot more features/ functions than stock would be good. Thanks

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
The world is open to you. Any aftermarket radio will work fine in your car. All you need to do is wire it in which isn't that hard at all. You'll just need a radio of your choice, a VW antenna adapter, a wiring harness adapter kit for a Focus, and a mounting kit.

All can be had online or I got all my stuff from Advance Auto and Walmart.

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,108 Posts
Check out crutchfield.com. They have everything that you would need, and specific for your car. Prices are a little higher, but you get everything and awesome customer service. and if not, just go there to see what will fit and then buy it somewhere else.

As the above poster listed, anything is possible. bluetooth, touchscreen, HD radio, Satellite radio, USB, AUX, whatever you want to get.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
sonicelectronix has always been good to me. Great customer service over the ~7-8 years I've shopped there and they, too, also include all your installation parts free with purchase of a head unit.

Post up what specific features you'd like (DVD, Sat Radio, Navigation, USB, Bluetooth, AUX, colored displayed, specific EQ/Xover abilities, etc) and what your budget is including all parts and labor. We'll give you a few ideas. Also, do you ever plan to add aftermarket amplifiers? Just a subwoofer? Multiple amplifiers?

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
What is your budget?

That is the most overlooked question of all.

·
ELVIS LIVES !
2,553 Posts
Yes indeed budget is the first question. I would not go more than 50 watts x 4 = 200 watts total with your stock speakers. And yes crutchfield is your best bet to see what you like and do read the reviews before you buy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts