Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well *&&*^&^*&&*(&^ Unless my dad lets me put new pistons and rods in my motor im going to play it safe and not boost.

but i will be puttin in

toms head maybe or the new fr

cams

cam gears

and a xcal 2 so i will have less hp but a more reliable car!!![?|]

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
which head is best?/

TOms

FR

Focus sport

or wait for C-F-m?

·
Registered
958 Posts
how much do u have to spend? ive read in another thread that even tom has said that "for the money nothing beats the fr head"...i imagine that his is better but its going to cost u...

·
Registered
862 Posts
FR head has been proven. We will do a complete package with cams setup in the head give us a call and we can spec something up.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how much hp will the head net me? how much will the cams/cam gears? i kno the tuen should give me about 10 hp w/ all my mods

i will have

stage 2 fr cams
esslinger cam gears
thermal cat back
fs 4-1 header
65 mm tb
fr head
aem intake
ported 2000 mani
and a xcal 2

would you say about 160?? maybe 165?

·
Boosted
2,814 Posts
prolly right around ther yes...it depends on the CR u get on that FR head...if i were u, i'd get some FR IIIs instead of the IIs to go beter w/ that head...the P&P+higher CR head will make better use of bigger cams. and w/ teh cam gears, u can always tune the cams for drivability, and idle, but also save teh settings that make the most power so u can change the cam settings for when u want to play at the track, or whatever.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so say i go with 10.5:1 compression my dad says NO to stage 3 so im stuck w/ 2`s shoudl i go w/ the crower since the stage 2 is actually a big cam?

·
Boosted
2,814 Posts
the crowers would be close to the FR IIIs, so i'd so go w/ them for sure...
as for the CR, 10.5 sounds fine to me. just make sure the Xcal 2 is tuned for Everything, including tha CR

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just sold the dirtbike! so i have $$$2000 in hand as we speak! MUAHAHAHAHA!! plus whats in my bedroom

·
Registered
789 Posts
project2point said:
well *&&*^&^*&&*(&^ Unless my dad lets me put new pistons and rods in my motor im going to play it safe and not boost.

but i will be puttin in

toms head maybe or the new fr

cams

cam gears

and a xcal 2 so i will have less hp but a more reliable car!!![?|]
you wouldn't have to install new pistions and rod unless you are going to run more than 12psi. the roush stg 2 full kit adds 95 whp and 110 tq at 10psi on a stocker so if you already have some work done (i.e. cams and gears, full exhaust, tb, intake and mani, and a tune) you would probably be pushing around 260 whp at 10psi with a turbo setup like this. i would say get the turbo kit and tune it and you will love it.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Bear in mind; Tom's head is designed for a FI application whereas the FR head is designed for a N/A application. Its a huge difference when the engine is breathing on its own vs. when there is 9+ PSI of boost ready to be forced into the cylinder as soon as the valve opens. If you're going N/A and staying N/A go with the Ford Racing head, but if you're serious about FI Tom's head would be the ideal choice.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so not putting a head on it im just gonna have it pp/ 4 angle valve job yada yada for like 150 bux through a family freinds race shop. SO im gona finish up susp.

when i install the cams and cam gears should i use the xcal2 or after i go to get the cams tuned?

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
project2point said:
so not putting a head on it im just gonna have it pp/ 4 angle valve job yada yada for like 150 bux through a family freinds race shop. SO im gona finish up susp.
good deal, from what i hear the head itself is quite strong in stock form without havin to change the valves and what not..the only thing i would add into that equation is retainers, just as a saftly procaution..as for the tuning i dun understand the qustion...you can use the xcal2 as a base tune until you can hit a dyno, and then just adjust the base tune when you get there..i thin thats what ur askin

1 - 15 of 15 Posts