Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to buy new head lights and taillights for for my focus... its an 05 3dr...i ordered a set of tail-lights for 00-05 and they didnt fit so i was wondering if neone could post a link to a site that sells headlights and taillights for an 05 3DR.... it seems that the headlights that say 4dr dont fit according the the people i have spoken to on the phone... and the tail-lights for the 5 dr def didnt fit... although to me it looked like a mfg mistake rather then body style of the car

anyways... a link to a site w/ headlights and tail lights for a 05 3 dr would be great thanks.

·
Registered
868 Posts
If you want some real nice tails (same style as mine) let me know, I can tell you where to get some. But they aren't plug n' play...you're gonna have to do some wiring work...if your okay with that shoot me a PM.

PS click my profile to see a pic of them.

They're pricey too...

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
that's weird b/c the taillights of the zx3/5 are the same from 00-07....and 05-07 headlights are all the same sedan or zx3...many people get theirs from ebay

·
Registered
152 Posts
i got mine from ebay, they were plug and play, it said only for the zx4 model, but i have a zx5 and they fit fine, as for tails there are a few available and they should be the same 00-07 for zx3 or zx5

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
If it's in the series of years for that car. The headlights will not differ. Tails only differ when body trims are changed. Otherwise you will be ok to order any set of headlights that match your models 100% fine.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
If it's in the series of years for that car. The headlights will not differ. Tails only differ when body trims are changed. Otherwise you will be ok to order any set of headlights that match your models 100% fine.
you mean tails. the zx3 never changed their tails. the headlights for his car will be the ones that fit the 05-07.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Do you have pics of the ones you got? i remember seeing ones on ebay a while back that said 5dr, but looked like wagon tails upside down. So if that's the case i'm sure someone would take them off your hands and you could then buy some ZX3 tails

·
Registered
868 Posts
Yeah, cuz they don't make jack [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] for wagons.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the problem with the tails wasnt that they didnt line up right and fit in wehre the old tails were...it was where u "plug" the bulb into the light housing... when u remove the old you u rotate roughly 90 degrees and it slides right out then to put back in u put it the same way rotate the 90 degrees and it clips in... the tails i got the clip wouldnt fit into that spot... kinda like square peg in a round hole....

about the headlights thats what i thought...i was like how can the doors affect the shape/size of the headlights...i guess i jsut wanted to hear it from the people who really know the focus and before i ordered another set of headlights that were wrong... i ordered 00-04 by mistake and they def dont fit...

anyways thanks for your input :) im gonna order some headlights and am looking into the site u gave me tantalus

1 - 10 of 10 Posts