Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i made a thread a few weeks ago about my zetec overheating. well i did some lookin around and messing with things and i found my resistor is still good, my fans are good and getting power. i turn on the ac and the fans dont come on. but if i disconnect the temp sensor in the head the fans come on full blast. this mean the sensor is bad?

·
Registered
602 Posts
The fan should come on when turning on the AC regardless of engine temp (make sure the AC turns on by making sure the clutch on the ac pump engages ) Disconnecting the head sensor only tells the ECU that I have no idea of engine temp = both fans on max blast. Also what does the engine temp gauge say?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the ac doesnt work right now, i just put the car back together and the ac isnt charged. with the temp sensor hooked up the gauge goes from cold to operating temp, i dont let it sit too long bc it overheated once and the gauge never went to hot and the fans never came on

·
Registered
69 Posts
Since you just put the car back together maybee it just had an air bubble in it. That can happen. Let it run for a little bit while paying close attention to it and see what happens. I know mine will sit and idle for 15 minutes before the fan comes on.
Ken

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ah really? i am just worried about it sitting too long and it overheating with out me knowing until its too late

1 - 5 of 5 Posts