Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just jumping into the forums. Had a Silver SVT back in the day and loved it. Came across one locally with a blown head for $500. Minty exterior. What’s the average cost of a rebuild or any recommendations on sourcing parts or aftermarket upgrades that should be done instead. Figure ai would post then jump into the search feature just to see if anyone was still checking these pages often. Thanks in advance.
Brian

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Do you know exactly what's wrong with it? Blown head gasket? Bent valves from timing letting go? A "blown head" isn't very descriptive and could be quick or a big undertaking with hard to find parts (valves for one, are not easy to find).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you know exactly what's wrong with it? Blown head gasket? Bent valves from timing letting go? A "blown head" isn't very descriptive and could be quick or a big undertaking with hard to find parts (valves for one, are not easy to find).
My timing Let Go On My Svt Focus 2003 and i have bent valves any reccomendations on where to go from there?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
My timing Let Go On My Svt Focus 2003 and i have bent valves any reccomendations on where to go from there?
Pull the head, inspect the pistons and cylinder walls for damage. Get new valves (SVT specific) and have the head rebuilt. Slap it back together with a new timing set and head gasket.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts