Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres the intake manifold silicone couplers from CFM.

Some Misc Pics

Cylinders 4 and 3

Cylinder 2 Driver Side

Cylinder 3 Passenger Side

Custom Bottle Mount I Made Awhile Back

Custom Short Shifter (Chopped 2.5")

Stock Header Painted

UDPs Painted Red

After Head Work

How The Garage Sits

Reassembly starts Thursday.

Why the head rebuild? Sister put in 87 octane, fuel filter 10k overdue, 8 bent exhaust valves (just enough to not seat 100%), etc, etc.

Head is shaved .020, 8 new exhaust valves, 3 angle valve job, and of course all the other usual stuff.

Not to bad for a 16 year old doing all his own work eh?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Try again i cant see any but like 2 of them.

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
must be your comp, i saw all pics good.

looks like fun...

good luck with it.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
damn fool, you're only 16. And I thought I knew a lot about cars. I know a lot, but I can't rebuild heads. Can you come up here and teach me.

And how the hell did a 16 yr old get an SVT? And why does it have the stock ZX3 bumper on it? Looks like you're having fun.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
great presentation love the work you done to your car though I wonder why you have a stock ZX3 bumper? Did you port and polish the head? Only the exahust side looks like it was redone? And you shaved the head would'nt that raise the compression too high if it is an SVT I under stand the milling the non- SVT to raise the compression from 9.6 to 10.6 but isn't the SVT already that high? That would mean you would risk blowing more than just vavles the second time around exspecialy w/ the nitrous. just wondering if you thought about these things. I still like it how you did everything your self.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
nice sleeper look with the front bumper.....

good luck!

I want those intake couplers on my car....they look sweet.....

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
hope everything works out alright, why are you ridin on the stock zx3 front bumper and no sideskirts?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
looks good, wish i could do that at 16. and i wish i had an SVTF at 16 as well lol have fun

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Story behind bumper:
Old owner wanted RS bumper
Old owner found RS bumper through Wagon owner
Wagon owner installed SVT bumper on Wagon
Wagon bumper installed on SVT while RS bumper was in the paint shop
Old owner bought a 2004 Cobra before RS bumper was installed, Wagon bumper stayed on

Sideskirts:
Car had aftermarket side skirts when I bought it
I didn't like them
I took them off

And how the hell did a 16 yr old get an SVT?
I worked hard to make the down payment, and continue to do so to make the loan payment, insurance, gas, mods, etc.

nd you shaved the head would'nt that raise the compression too high if it is an SVT I under stand the milling the non- SVT to raise the compression from 9.6 to 10.6 but isn't the SVT already that high? That would mean you would risk blowing more than just vavles the second time around exspecialy w/ the nitrous.
Head is milled for higher compression. You can never have it high enough. Nitrous will be even safer with the high(er) compression.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
well interesting story on the bumper who would think it was an SVT untill it was too late lol

Oh and don't forget to get the premuim gas now you don't want to have a mistake like that again. lol Keep us updated on how the car is once its up and runing.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
2.0TooSlow said:

I worked hard to make the down payment, and continue to do so to make the loan payment, insurance, gas, mods, etc.
I know what you mean. I'm working 4 jobs to pay for my ST. Plus insurance, gas, mods. I work 4 jobs, and barely have any money in my pocket, lol. It sucks sometimes, lol.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Looks like some fun stuff there.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
and..... ?? I hadsome tune kinks to work out with mine after the Ferrea Valves and i milled my head. I TORChed some exhaust valves from nitrous and did all the stuff u did except i did ARP head studs, 1mm Oversized Ferrea valves, and a Cometics head gasket. Comp is freakin high, and piston/valve clearance is tight as hell. but i am VERY interested to hear what the initial startup sounded like, and how it idled, and such.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts