Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. just wondering what some good head packages. I know tom has some heads for sale . Are his really good . Ive seen some from ford racing . I think steeda has some . And focus sport has some too. I was just wondering which ones are really all that good . If I buy a ported and polished head for my car I dont want a piece of crap. I would like to know what kind of hp numbers I could expect from a good head package .

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
with a good head package you'll be looking at about 150-160 to the wheels, which is pretty damn decent. go with the focussport one.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
i would have to say the FR head pkg is among the best, though there are some problems w/ the valve seating, there are numerous other bettter headpkgs better than the FocusSport

·
Registered
74 Posts
What do you mean problems with the valve seating on the FR head?? I just ordered one!!! I asked on here before I ordered and nobody said anything bad. CAN YOU ELABORATE! :) Thanks.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
well ill get back to you for sure, but thats what i hear

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okay so what about the one from steeda or tom's . Oh I have one more question would a dealership put it on if I paid the cash . I mean how can they say no. I know the warranty would go bye bye but really I look at the one from focus sport and focus central . I think I would want someone familiar with fords . So any imput on that .

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
you'd be paying out the ass to have your stealership do it. go to a performance shop.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Grab a shop manual and take your time and do it yourself. Gotta start somewhere... if you can do this, you can do almost anything. Wait, I change my mind... take it somewhere (I dont wanna be held responsible)

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
well the dealership isnt as always as familiar w/any car that they work on, id trust myself more w/ a good shop that knows alot about alot of cars, befor i did someone who knew little about a few cars

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
install a head yourself?? i wouldnt do that unless i was a very experienced mechanic. a head package isnt exactly a bolt on.

slim my 2 cents... id just get the ford racing head, have a shop mill the head to boost compression a bit, get some stage 1 cams and youd be set :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
okay but I wanna go supercharged . I thought you dont want to mill the head if your going s/c . Also I was thinking of taking it to the dealership where I bought it from. If I get a fr head they are sponsored by ford products so the dealership shouldnt give me any crap about it should they. The s/c is going to be the last thing I put on the motor . I want cams and cam gears .

I was also thinking what else can I do after I get the head and cams-gears on is there anything else for power before I put the s/c on ?
I'm waiting for the big boost kit for the jrsc. Its a daily driver.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
check the forced induction forums, i just gave some pretty lengthy responses there that you may find helpful........

1 - 12 of 12 Posts