1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Thats What She Said
10,696 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ well I looked it up based on 02 SVT when I ordered them last year directly from Hawk online but I suppose HAWK had the wrong info at the time... I'll have to investigate and find out what these are supposed to work with and/or test fit them in the 1 caliper I do have to see if these do indeed work or not I suppose....

So folks-- unless you know for sure these work on your SVT- don't buy for now!!!

·
Thats What She Said
10,696 Posts
Just wanting to make sure. My searching shows the HB449 is the front, but HAWK looks to have doped the compounds in that size. to HP+ is the most aggressive you can get.

If there is another size that would work that is available in the HT-14, DTC-50, etc front and rear pads that would be good.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no such HAWK pad exists in HB449G.679 or HB449V.679 so I suspect this supersedes that old part number. I suppose I'll have to test fit in my brand new caliper to confirm fitment because the Hawk website shows nothing available now for the 02 SVT and I did indeed specifically order them last year in November direct from Hawk.

All I could find so far is Summit Racing says they are for 05/06 ZX3 front.

Are you sure these for are for the SVT Focus? SVT uses the HB449x.679 part number with x being the compound type.

HB430x.547 are the rears.

The HB519's have a slightly different side and width.

https://www.hawkperformance.com/pads/hb519v-682
https://www.hawkperformance.com/pads/hb449n-679

·
Thats What She Said
10,696 Posts
Yea when I was looking at compounds just 2 months ago there was a lot more options shown on Hawks site. But since then have gone. You cant specify SVT on the search any more. They have done some messed up things with their part number search on their website.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okay.. not sure how to delete this entire post but NOT FOR SALE right now..

Unless the 1 caliper I happen to have is NOT for the front of an 02 SVT, these pads have to be slightly altered to fit (can be made to fit with filing away part of the backing plates.

So once I know for sure exactly the correct application for these pads, then I'll post up a new ad.

** FOR ANYONE WHO MISSED THIS-- NOT FOR SALE *** MODS PLEASE DELETE THIS WHOLE TREAD IF POSSIBLE!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts