Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
The Haynes manual is also in paper form, I've got a copy but it's soooo dumbed down like all current Haynes manuals. Even the wire colours on the diagrams are wrong

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'll pick it up when it comes out in print. Yes, the shop manual is nice but awful hard to find things and nothing beats a print manual while you are sitting in your driveway.

Plus Haynes manuals hold their value well on eBay.

·
Registered
9 Posts
was looking for this just bought my new focus hatchback and love it so far, I always like to have a haynes available thanks for the post

·
Registered
203 Posts
The print version currently available on ebay from the UK does not include the 2.0 liter GDI engine. Does this online only soon to be in print version cover our engine?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'll pick it up when it comes out in print. Yes, the shop manual is nice but awful hard to find things and nothing beats a print manual while you are sitting in your driveway.
I used to think this. (And maybe for diagrams it's still true. I like to print those off.)

But my 14yr old and I were sitting in the driveway a while ago, pulling codes off his crappy old Metro.
"Now let's go in, put these in a Google search and see where we start," I told him.

"Mom? Why don't you just put them into a Google search in that computer you keep in your pocket?" indicating my phone.

Oh.
Well I guess I could do that also, eh? [:I]

I've not bought a Haynes since '99. They were getting too unreliable. That's when I started getting vehicle-specific service manuals off ebay, but even at that I haven't bothered for the last couple of cars.
It's just so much easier to do a search on a board like this. More likely than not, someone has already had the issue, found a solution and created a thread about it. With pics or a YouTube or something.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The last Haynes manual I bought was for my old car, a 96 honda accord. The Haynes manual was for 96-01 (two different model years with different engines and wire diagrams) and for three different cars... Prelude, Accord, and Del Sol. After that confusion I'll never buy one again... -_-

·
Registered
650 Posts
It's just so much easier to do a search on a board like this. More likely than not, someone has already had the issue, found a solution and created a thread about it. With pics or a YouTube or something.
You hit the nail on the head. Though having an offline manual is not bad. Life experiences are way better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts