·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh yeah...Hi Ashley! Hey Aaron...

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Hi Bill! I saw 4 modified Foci so far. I was gonna post it up but this section is dead soooo...yeah. LOL.

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4 !!! Cool so there is at least a car scene there. GOOD...I was wondering

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I've seen quite a few modified cars here. Lots of Honda Civics & VW's. Really different then what I've seen back in the Mid-Atlantic.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Yup. Been here since Thursday evening.

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
Waipahu, no less. Hope it got nicer since I lived there, lol.

Now, go look up "Round Top Drive" and have a blast on the twistiest road I've ever had the pleasure to drive. Then go to Rainbow Drive Inn(by Leonard's Bakery(best malasadas, by the way), east of Kapiolani Park) and eat 3 Loco mocos. You will have then experienced My last day of living in Hawai'i, minus the plane trip outta there.

Oh, and once upon a time, Hawai'i used to have quite the active car scene, I'm assuming it still does.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I'm not going to be living in Waipahu for too much longer. My husband is military & we are going to be moving on post. We found some housing close to the North Shore which is a lot quieter & we feel safer then we do here.

It does still have a active car scene. I've seen lots of modified cars that look quite nice actually. Thanks for the tips, but I don't think I'll be able to handle 3 Loco Mocos. They are good but geez, too much rice for me.

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool, I had no idea the car scene there was good. Thats sweet. No I gotta come visit

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
lol, I only said 3 because they're kinda small at Rainbow. Only one scoop rice one hamburger patty and one egg. Perfect snack after a fun drive or bodysurfing all afternoon at Sandy's.

No surprise Waipahu is still bad, it was bad when I was a kid, and things haven't gotten any cheaper over there for the Locals.

Oh, another tip, if You don't know this already: Stay away from the North Shore(east of Haleiwa, at least) on weekends, tourists just clog everything up and make it almost impossible to enjoy. That, and if You go to Waimea Bay, go stupid early or You will not find parking, guaranteed. Oh, and avoid beaches marked "Locals only". They mean it there.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I found that out the first time I was here. I plan to go to the North Shore to the beaches during the week only. It was crazy busy this past weekend (it was July 4th but still insane). Coming from West Virginia I'm hoping to find quite a few good twisty roads or at least some that are fun to drive on.

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
So what, you like Spam yet? [giggle]

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Unless it's grilled with pineapple is the only way I'll eat it.

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
Haha, Cy. Pushing that "Hawaiian Steak". I love Spam fried rice, Spam musubi, well pretty much Spam anything, lol.

Oh, and seriously, there are some cool drives on O'ahu, but by FAR the best is Round Top Drive(aka "Tantalus"). Go around evening and stop where You see a bunch of people parked and You will see this, or something like it:

Oops, one more thing, when You go to the North Shore, stop at Ted's Bakery(right across from Sunset Beach on the mountain(Mauka) side), best plate lunches on O'ahu.

That's it, I'm moving back to become a damn tour guide![wiggle]

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
LOL, you should. I'm gonna start asking you where to go so look out for your PM box to be flooded.[wiggle]

I'll be sure to check out Round Top. That looks like an awesome view.

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
Haha, by all means, I'll keep an eye out. Biggest thing to remember, the whole state is amazing and beautiful and "Paradise", blah, blah, blah, but You kinda have to treat ALL of O'ahu like a major City, replete with all of the problems of a major City, including gangs and crack and strong arm robberies, carjackings, killings, etc., etc., etc. That said, as long as You are aware of Your surroundings, things will be fine. Explore the other islands, if given the chance. In particular Kaua'i and the Big Island, as the coolest places in Hawai'i are on those two islands, IMO.

You said You'll be living in Haleiwa, right? That counts as the North Shore, FYI. Some would argue the coolest part of it. Oh, and wait 'til "Winter", those nice flat lake-like beaches will unleash the beast!

::edit:: I read wrong, You'll be living near the NS, so I'm guessing Scholfield? Not too far, at all. Then again, nothing in Hawai'i is, even if it still takes a long time to get where You're going, lol.

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
Haha, Cy. Pushing that "Hawaiian Steak". I love Spam fried rice, Spam musubi, well pretty much Spam anything, lol.
I would push Goteborg Sausage too, but that's a Kauai thing.

Hell, I just googled it and it says the same thing.

But man, you haven't lived till you tried this stuff in fried rice. It's game changing.

Do they sell Flying Saucers on Oahu at festivals and fairs?

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh My...Thats one big sausage ya' got there
LOL

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Haha, by all means, I'll keep an eye out. Biggest thing to remember, the whole state is amazing and beautiful and "Paradise", blah, blah, blah, but You kinda have to treat ALL of O'ahu like a major City, replete with all of the problems of a major City, including gangs and crack and strong arm robberies, carjackings, killings, etc., etc., etc. That said, as long as You are aware of Your surroundings, things will be fine. Explore the other islands, if given the chance. In particular Kaua'i and the Big Island, as the coolest places in Hawai'i are on those two islands, IMO.

You said You'll be living in Haleiwa, right? That counts as the North Shore, FYI. Some would argue the coolest part of it. Oh, and wait 'til "Winter", those nice flat lake-like beaches will unleash the beast!

::edit:: I read wrong, You'll be living near the NS, so I'm guessing Scholfield? Not too far, at all. Then again, nothing in Hawai'i is, even if it still takes a long time to get where You're going, lol.
Yup, staying on post. We are gonna explore the other islands while we are here, I really want to go to the Big Island.

I told my husband about Round Top, he said he never heard of it before. He's an outdoor type just like me & I told him about you & how you use to live here & that I will be asking you about more places in the future. LOL.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts